Senior Software Engineer
***This role can be located in McLean, VA, Dallas, TX, Memphis, TN, or be Remote***
From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to Hilton Connected Room that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature, and lighting controls, Hilton’s Global Technology team is responsible for creating the hospitality experience of the future – for our guests, owners, and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and delivering enterprise-wide solutions on cloud platform. This position works with enterprise architects, data architects, and solution architects to design and implement data solutions to meet business priorities while keeping with technology strategy, standards, and the best course of action.
The successful candidate will be an engineering specialist proficient in modern computing, big data, and advanced analytics architectures and patterns while having a proven record of delivering the products. This position reports to enterprise/principal architects and works under their guidance.
More specifically, you will:
- Partner with the business to understand their technical needs and come up with an architecture design/solution
- Help with the proof of concepts and build data pipelines in cloud and big data space
- Implement technical best methods & solutions
- Interpret trends and patterns in collaboration with engineering under architecture team guidance
- Improve data quality and efficiency of data processing channels and always look for optimizations
- Perform data profiling, data analysis, and data modeling
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Skilled at understanding, documenting, and describing complex technical subjects
- Ability to align business capabilities to Technology solutions
- Knowledge of Microservice architecture, Event based, and API architecture
- Accomplished in software/platform design principles
- Solid grasp of Conceptual, Logical, and Physical data modeling
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Three (3) years of professional experience in Technology or a related field
- Two (2) years of experience with Cloud technologies and platforms such as Redshift, EMR, Lambda, NOSQL, Kafka
- Experience with Master Data Management, ETL and ELT technologies, CouchDB, and RDBMS - MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Hands-on experience with AWS services - S3, IAM roles, Cloud formation, AWS MSK, RDS, and Security
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Bachelor’s Degree, or Associate’s Degree plus 6+ years of Technology related experience, or High School Degree/GED plus 12+ years of Technology related experience
- Five (5)+ years of professional experience in Technology or a related field
- Three (3)+ years of software/platform design and implementation experience
- Three (3)+ years of experience with cloud applications/technologies
What is it like working for Hilton?
The future of hospitality is bright at Hilton: a leading global hospitality company with a diverse portfolio of world-class brands. Dedicated to filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, we have welcomed more than 3 billion guests in our more than 100-year history. Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture, and we are consistently named among one of the World’s Best Workplaces.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members, so they can Thrive, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as workplace flexibility, career growth and development, and our Go Hilton travel discount program. Hilton prioritizes understanding and integrating our Team Members’ unique perspectives and voices—along with those of our Guests, Owners, Suppliers, and Partners—to cultivate a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Check out the Hilton Careers blogand Instagram to learn more about what it’s like to be on Team Hilton!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of their role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Hilton offers its eligible team members a comprehensive benefits package including medical and prescription drug coverage, dental coverage, vision coverage, life insurance, short-and long-term disability insurance, access to our employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) where you can purchase Hilton shares at a 15 percent discount, a 401(k) savings plan, paid time off, and our travel discount. The salary for this role varies by applicable and specialized experience and location (California, Colorado, New York City, and Washington applicants: Please click here for additional information.). Subject to plan terms and conditions, you will be eligible to participate in the Hilton Annual Incentive (Bonus) Plan, consistent with other team members at the same level and/or position within the Company.