Senior Software Engineer
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll be exposed to both new and current technology while building innovative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and deliver player value.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the VALORANT team you are responsible for helping Riot build and continue to deliver great player experiences. You will work to help optimize the experience of VALORANT to ensure smooth performance on the lowest of low spec PCs and to push the limits of new and future hardware. You will report to the Engineering Manager of the project.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Art and Design teams to realize VALORANT’s performance goals
- Use telemetry and profilers to identify trends in game performance.
- Build tools and technology to improve the performance of VALORANT
- Mentor and coach junior members to build talent over the long term
- 4+ years of professional experience as a Software Engineer
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or relevant professional experience
- Expertise with C++
- Experience working on performance for large-scale applications or games
- 6+ years of professional experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience working on a AAA game team
- Experience supporting a live service-driven game
- Experience working with Unreal
- Experience with automated performance testing
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).