Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with over 5 years of experience to join our dynamic, diverse team and take HealthSherpa's technology to the next level. You are comfortable working across the Ruby on Rails and ReactJS development stack and passionate about learning new technologies. You believe in using data and analysis to form conclusions and refine thinking. You build systems quickly, but maintainably.
You'll report directly to the Lead Software Engineer and work on a team of other engineers, product managers, and designers to build quality products that help improve the lives of millions of Americans.
- Build high-quality features across the entire tech stack - frontend and backend
- Collaborate in a cross-functional team with product managers, designers, and partners to implement the product and technology roadmap
- Propel the evolution of our codebase for better quality and scalability and agility.
- Operate in a DevOps environment where teams deliver value multiple times a day.
- Experienced with the full software development lifecycle, supporting features post-launch in an agile or lean environment
- Experienced with Ruby on Rails or similar back-end frameworks
- Experienced with ReactJS or similar front-end frameworks
- Experienced at designing relational data models and components for software features and systems
- Comfortable working across the development stack and passionate about developing extendable, maintainable software designs in iterative, incremental ways
What We Offer
- Remote first company
- A salary range between $150,000 - $195,000, depending on experience
- Great compensation package with meaningful equity in a high growth, profitable company, with offers that are competitive to SF Bay Area regardless of your location
- Excellent benefits package that includes health, vision and dental coverage for you, your spouse and dependents
- Monthly grocery / internet stipend
- 401K w/ a match after grace period
- Employee assistance program
- Parental leave
- 4 weeks paid vacation in addition to holidays
- Formal mentorship and training along three distinct tracks (management, engineering, and leadership)
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome and encourage people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, identities, abilities and perspectives to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the team at HealthSherpa.
Employees may, among other things, be required to undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts, and as a prerequisite to employment candidates may be asked to consent to a due diligence/background investigation. As a condition to hiring and continued employment, we require all employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. #LI-Remote