Senior Software Engineer
Do what you love. Love what you do. Volvo Cars is taking a bold lead with electrification in the auto industry. As the first major premium car brand to commit to a hybrid or full-electric powertrain for all our models, we aim to drive the automotive sector forward, improve the quality of the air in our cities and increase our success as a business. We aim to lead in the automotive world by creating a digital ecosystem built around making our shopping experience simplified. We are looking for passionate, creative people who can join us on this journey.
About Role We’re looking for senior engineers who can build scalable and resilient platform services to digitalize our customer experience.
- Working with architects, systems analysts, project managers and other engineers to successfully implement business requirements.
- Solve complex and ambitious problems by crafting elegant and impactful software solutions
- Actively contribute to the adoption of frameworks and new technologies.
- Demonstrate technical leadership by mentoring team members, perform design and code reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree with 7 years software developing experiences or master’s degree with 4 years software developing experiences, in STEM fields.
- Possess strong foundation in Computer Science fundamentals such as data structures and algorithms.
- Experienced in crafting and implementing REST API using open-source frameworks such as Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate etc.
- Proficient in Java and strong understanding of additional languages such as Go, Python, Ruby, Scala.
- Working experience with relational databases and NoSQL databases like Mongo, Cassandra, Redis etc. • Shown in delivering advanced solutions for a multi-tier, distributed web application.
- Proven strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Ability to articulate the benefits of Test-Driven Development, Continuous Integration.
Nice to have:
- Familiar with AWS, Azure or similar cloud providers
- Experience with infrastructure, tools and supporting ecosystems such as Tomcat, Jetty, Apache, Maven, Nexus, Jenkins, Elasticsearch etc.
- Experience with Git or alternative version control systems and standard methodologies
- Experience with consuming and developing API’s
- Agile development practices
- Working Jira, or other task/bug tracking systems
Who are we?
Everything we do starts with people. Our purpose is to provide freedom to move, in a personal, sustainable and safe way. We are committed to simplifying our customers’ lives by offering better technology solutions that improve their impact on the world and bringing the most advanced mobility innovations to protect them, their loved ones and the people around them. In the spirit of a human-centric environment, we strongly believe in the well-being of our employees as well as their families. There are generous health and wellness programs that begin day-one with the company as well as a wide variety of other benefit programs including a comprehensive 401(k), potential for retention & company bonuses, and an opportunity to be a brand ambassador through our car incentive programs! Furthermore, to build the workday around our employees, we also offer remote flexibility working options. Most importantly, Volvo Cars’ continued success is the result of a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive working environment. The people of Volvo Cars are committed to making a difference in our world. Today, we are one of the most well-known and respected car brands, with over 40,000 employees across the globe. We believe in bringing out the best in each other and harnessing the true power of people. At Volvo Cars your career is designed around your talents and aspirations so you can reach your full potential. Join us on a journey of a lifetime as we create safety, autonomous driving and electrification technologies of tomorrow