Senior Software Engineer
Pure Flix is the worldwide leader in selecting and streaming faith and family-friendly media that changes lives, inspires hearts, and lifts the spirits of members like you and those you love.
We are looking for a Software Applications Engineer to join our growing Engineering team and build out the next generation of our OTT application platform. The ideal candidate is a hands-on application builder with significant experience in developing scalable platforms. They must be at ease working in an agile environment with little supervision. This person should embody a passion for continuous improvement and test-driven development.
- Creating and implementing the source code of new applications.
- Testing source code and debugging code.
- Evaluating existing applications and performing updates and modifications.
- Developing technical documentation to represent the design and code of new applications.
- Analyze, design and develop tests and test-automation suites.
- Application software development methodology in an agile environment.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with data scientists, business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to consistently apply best practices.
Work experience requirements:
- 5-7 preferred years of experience in DevOps and building and deploying infrastructure with cloud deployment technologies. As well as, experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
- Knowledge of Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
- Experience with infrastructure automation technologies like Docker, Vagrant, etc.
- Experience with modern programming languages like Java,
- Knowledge of building APIs and services using REST, SOAP, etc.
- Experience with web standards and frameworks like HTML5, CSS, React, Angular etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, all U.S. non-union and O.P.E.I.U. Local 174 applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.