Senior Software Engineer
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience with Workday report writing, including Complex, Matrix, and Composite reports.
- Experience with creating reports in multiple Workday functional areas such as HCM, Payroll, Comp, Absence, Talent, Recruiting and Learning
- Experience with creation of Workday dashboards
- Experience with creation of Workday alerts.
- Basic understanding of Workday Security as it relates to reporting.
- Experience with BIRT
- Experience with creating and executing unit, functional, destructive and performance tests
- Experience with modern debugging and root cause analysis techniques
- Experience with agile practices and methodologies
- Experience with JIRA.
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
- No additional education
Minimum Years of Work Experience:
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
- No additional years of experience
Minimum Leadership Experience:
Preferred Leadership Experience:
- Global Perspective
- Manages Ambiguity
- Nimble Learning
- Cultivates Innovation
- Situational Adaptability
- Communicates Effectively
- Drives Results
- Interpersonal Savvy
Position Purpose: The Sr. Software Engineer is responsible for independently developing, redesigning, and troubleshooting Workday custom reports to adapt to our associate’s needs. As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will be part of a dynamic team with engineers of all experience levels who help each other build and grow technical and leadership skills while configuring, deploying, and supporting the Workday application. In addition, Sr. Software Engineers may be involved in product and tool selection, configuration, security, resilience, performance tuning and production monitoring as well as mentoring less experienced engineers.
- 50% Delivery and Execution – Develops, tests, deploys, and maintains software, with a clear understanding of the value the software is to provide; Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm; Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances; Develops test suites (functional, destructive, etc) to enable success, rapid deployment of code to production; Takes a broad view when approaching issues; using a global lens
- 20% Learns and Grows – Learns through successful and failed experiment when tackling new problems; Actively seeks ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels
- 20% Plans and Aligns – Collaborates with other team members in agile processes; Creates new and better ways for the organization to be successful; Works the Product Team to ensure user stories are valuable, developer ready, easy to understand and testable; Delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences; Adapts approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations; Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- 10% Supports and Enables – Helps grow junior engineers by providing guidance on modern software development frameworks, and leading technical discussions
Direct Manager/Direct Reports:
- This position typically reports to Software Engineer Manager or Sr. Manager
- This position has 0 Direct Reports
- No travel required.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Paid parental leave to bond with your new addition
- 401(K) savings plan with company match
- Merit increases and performance bonuses
- On-the-spot recognition and rewards for a job well done