Senior Software Engineer
Developers looking to grow themselves and learn new things through the support of their team will find a strongly supportive team dedicated to organizational and individual success. Those who desire a results-driven, collaborative, and fast-paced environment, and those who have a high focus on producing robust, functional, and intuitive software will find a welcome place on our team. Our developers play a crucial role in building and scaling our industry leading platform: storEdge.
- Design and develop meaningful solutions to the problems of our customers by working together with our high-performing team
- Build applications that focus on great user experience
- Write maintainable code with extensive tests and version control
- Contribute to project design and refinement to ensure high quality
- Proactively mentor others on the team to spread the wealth of knowledge
- Help translate from design to implementation by taking the lead on large development projects
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 3-5+ years professional work experience in software development
- Ability to code at all levels of a web application stack
- Experience writing automated tests that validate code behavior
- Ability to translate technical requirements into elegant code solutions
- Experience designing and building mission-critical services
- Passion towards quality and willingness to learn
- Actively engaged in mentoring and sharing knowledge
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience in Ruby or React
- Proficiency with background processing tools such as sidekiq
- Ability to help develop automated deployment scripts with tools like Ansible, Terraform, etc.
All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Storable is a fully distributed company, but is currently only registered for employment in certain states. To be eligible for employment, you must reside in the following states: AL, AZ, CT, DE, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, KS, LA, MD, MI, MO, MS, NC, NE, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, WY
At Storable, we believe storage operators should have one partner they can trust to help you get the results they need for their business. That’s why we’ve built the industry’s first fully integrated platform that offers facility management software, facility websites, marketing programs and services, payments, and deeply integrated tenant insurance capabilities all in one solution.
We leverage our platform in combination with our over 25 years of storage industry expertise to help our thousands of storage customers achieve their tenant experience and operational efficiency objectives every single day.
Benefits and Perks:
- Generous health coverage for you and your family, including short- and long-term disability coverage, 401(k) and HSA matching, two-times base salary company-provided life insurance, emergency loans, legal coverage and more.
- Engage remotely! Since 2020, we’ve transitioned to a fully remote environment but that doesn’t mean we’re not connected. We continue to run regular contests, trivia games, and virtual happy hours!
- Instant-access and flexible vacation. We trust you, so we have a ‘take what you need’ vacation policy. No waiting to use it or need for accruals.
- Do More, Be More – company rewards and recognition that add up and can be redeemed for personalized gifts and experiences! Storriors have been able to enroll in scuba certification classes, travel overseas, and redo their back patio among many other things.
- Company anniversaries, birthdays, weddings, adding children to a family, first-time home buyers and more are celebrated.
- We encourage you to get active in the community by joining one of our offsite volunteer and community service events and by using volunteer PTO time.
- Self-care matters, so we offer the opportunity to take a load-off and enjoy a mental health day outside of your normal PTO time.
- Fully-paid parental leave: 12 and 6 weeks for primary and secondary caregivers respectively.
- ’Paw’ternity Leave and Pet Bereavement - we understand that pets are a part of the family and have generous time-off policies, which honor that commitment.
- Caregiver Leave: four weeks of fully paid time away from work to take care of aging dependents or family members, if needed.
- Monthly home data stipend added directly to your paychecks to help cover the cost of home internet, plus a home office sign-on bonus of $250.
Don't check all the boxes? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for a job unless they meet every single qualification, especially in the tech industry. At Storable, we are devoted to strengthening and upholding a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your professional background doesn’t perfectly align with the qualifications above, we encourage you to apply. Even if this role isn’t the right match, we would love to have your resume on file for future opportunities!
Storable is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Storable will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.