Senior Software Engineer
Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud ERP software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,000+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2021 Top Workplaces USA award winner!
We are looking for a motivated, self-driven individual who enjoys solving customer problems. You'll be a key member of our engineering team in a fast-paced, agile environment using modern technologies.
What you'll make happen:
- Investigate and respond to all customer issues escalated by our technical support team. Provide guidance and detailed documentation to resolve them.
- Troubleshoot and reproduce issues in production and non-production environments, ensure that we meet the R&D team’s response SLAs and resolution targets.
- Develop a deep understanding of the code base and take responsibility for bug fixing and collaborate with development and QA team members.
- Test code for delivery to customers, and solicit customer acceptance upon delivery.
- Escalate unresolved issues to the appropriate development team member.
- Work with the Product Manager and ensure the support team is familiar with new features before new versions are released.
- Contribute to the development team's progress for product and professional services work at-hand, and assist to continuously improve processes.
- Collaborate with QA engineers to reproduce issues and to document relevant test cases.
- Attend meetings with customers and engineers to review the status of open or escalated issues.
- Track issues from the time of reporting to the time of resolution to satisfy agreed SLAs.
- Write knowledge-base articles for our technical support team and for our customers.
- Configure monitoring, alerting, and ticketing systems as needed to keep improving our support process and automation.
- Create and share dashboards with key metrics to inform continuous improvement in our support posture.
You get excited about:
- Learning new products, building your development, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Delighting customers with stable/quality, usable products
- Working on modern technology stack, tools and processes to deliver a state-of-the art SaaS application and platform
- Working with development team, engineers and architects to gain deeper understanding of the system and collaborate with them to improve and innovate further
- Working in a fast-paced globally distributed innovative R&D team
- 3+ years industry experience in software development of which,
- 1+ years as a L3 support or Sustaining Engineer, preferably in SaaS companies
- 1+ years of experience working with US-based customer-base
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Experience in developing, testing, debugging, and profiling code
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A self-starter who is motivated by success and can manage time effectively
- Working knowledge of Java/Ruby (or similar frameworks)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL, PostgreSQL or other similar relational databases
- Strong understanding of software patterns, practices and principles
- Basic knowledge of REST, JSON, API, microservices, and TCP/IP Networking
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in computer-science or related discipline
- Hands-on knowledge of DevOps, SRE, and CI/CD practices in a public cloud environment, preferably preferably AWS
- Experience with administration of Atlassian Suite, specifically Jira, Jira Service Desk, and OpsGenie
- Experience with ERP or similar systems
What makes OpenGov unique
- Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs and SF Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
- Funding: $140 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, and Emerson Collective. Click here to read more about our latest round of funding!
- Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
- Growth: Double growth with 1,000+ governments (and counting) using our products!
- Culture: Winner of 2021 Top Workplaces USA award, Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
- Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, monthly fitness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
- Product: Named a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, we are the leader in cloud ERP software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
- Mission Driven: We are a technology company helping out our communities, cities, and states. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.