Senior Software Engineer
Our Senior Full Stack Software Engineers lead and mentor as they work closely with our product, design, and customer-facing teams to ship great products and features.
Vanta’s mission is to secure the internet and protect consumer data. We believe that security should be monitored and verified continuously, and we empower companies to practice better security and prove it with ease. Our product integrates deeply with the services that present security risk to a company, pulls and analyzes data from those sources, and surfaces potential security threats to our customers in real time with guidance to remediate them.
At Vanta, we strive to make practicing better security not only easier but delightful for our customers. Guiding them through their security journey, from identifying to remediating potential threats, is a unique product engineering challenge. Our customers are often engineers themselves, so engineers at Vanta have an important voice and influence on our product direction. As a Software Engineer at Vanta, you’ll ship products quickly, learn from our customers, and iterate to address our customers’ needs.
Our business has found incredible product-market fit and has monetized effectively since the day we signed our first customer. We’re growing at a blistering pace, which presents career-defining opportunities for engineers to accelerate their growth and to contribute to a rapidly-scaling company.
Vanta has a kind and talented team, and while some have prior security experience, many have been successful at Vanta without it. We’d love for you to join us!
What you’ll do as a Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack at Vanta:
- Deeply understand our customers and our market to build solutions addressing key pain points and opportunities for competitive advantage
- Work closely with crossfunctional partners to discover, build, and iterate on scalable products that solve our customers’ needs
- Design, develop, and own new product functionality leveraging modern frameworks and tooling (TypeScript, React, Node.js, Golang)
- Work with talented and kind engineers to make a significant impact on our customer base, enabling them to improve their security and prove it
- Contribute to building Vanta’s engineering culture as we grow
How to be successful in this role:
- Have at least 5 years of total industry experience, with 2 years working as a full stack engineer
- Have played technical leadership roles for teams or complex projects
- Have previous startup experience, or worked in an environment that prioritizes a bias for action
- Have a proven track record of building 0 to 1 products and features
- Have an interest in learning about security or prior experience in the space
Pay Range: $159,800 - $221,000 - If you are offered the position, your offer amount will be based on your experience.
What you can expect as a Vantan:
- Industry-Competitive Salary and Equity
- 100% covered Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits with Dependents Coverage
- 16 Weeks Fully Paid Parental Leave for All New Parents (Moms, Dads, Adoptive, Foster)
- Health & Wellness Stipend
- Remote Workspace Stipend
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- Flexible Work Hours and Location
- Open & Encouraged PTO Policy
- 9 Company Paid Holidays
- Free Memberships to Online Wellness Platforms (One Medical, Ginger, Headspace, and more!)
- Virtual Team Building Activities, Lunch and Learns, and other Company-Wide Events
- Offices in SF and NYC with Hubs of Vantans forming across the US, including but not limited to, Seattle, Austin, Indianapolis, LA, Boston, and more!
At Vanta, we are committed to hiring diverse talent of different backgrounds and as such, it is important to us to provide an inclusive work environment for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender identity, age, religion, sexual orientation, veteran or disability status, or any other protected class. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage and welcome people of all backgrounds to apply.