Senior Software Developer
At Zovio, we’re doing something different, and we want you to be a part of it. To put it simply, we’re all here to meet the needs of today’s learners. Whether that’s by helping them get a college degree or by providing them specific, focused training, we’re all about making it possible for people to achieve their aspirations and dreams. We partner with higher education institutions and employers to make that happen.
With our mission to innovate and take bold steps forward in education as a leading education technology services provider, we are an entrepreneurially-minded organization looking to the future—but with more than a decade of experience and resources backing us up! We have a culture of Passion , Innovation and Teamwork , and are full of ambitious people that, like you, support our commitment to putting people first. If you want to know more about us, be sure to check out Zovio.com.
Essential Job Duties:
- Design, develop, test, debug and maintain web and application based solutions ASP.NET (C#), MuleSoft, Microsoft Azure
- Participates in all phases of the software development life-cycle – requirements, architecture/design, implementation, testing, release, maintenance of our enterprise software applications.
- Write and review artifacts during the software lifecycle
- Work with customers to support enhancements and fixes to existing applications in production
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure successful delivery
- Ensures that projects are conducted in ways that benefit the project objectives, the people participating in the project, and Zovio’s long-term interests
- Perform design, code and test reviews of solutions
- Ensures company security and compliance standards are met
- Accept and provides technical solutions and direction
- Assist in process improvement initiatives
- Assist external auditors, regulatory auditors and other 3rd parties as needed
Minimum Requirements :
Minimum 5-7 years with the following technologies -
- NET Framework 4 and above
- C#, ASP.NET MVC, Web API
- MSMQ, Azure Service Bus
- ORM Framework (NHibernate, Entity Framework)
- Unit Testing Framework (Nunit)
- Angular, JQuery and Bootstrap.
- Database design and SQL (SQL Server/ MySQL)
- Services and Service Oriented Architecture (WCF)
- Experience developing solutions with Microsoft Full Stack, Azure Cloud, .NET, C#, MS SQL and MuleSoft
- Experience in Containers a plus
- BS or MS in Computer science OR 3+ years of related experience
If a degree or education credit minimum is required for the position, all education must be conferred by a regionally accredited or approved nationally accredited institution. All candidates must provide proof of higher education (official transcripts) upon request.
Who you are:
- You want to share what you know and learn what you don’t
- You don’t settle for good , you strive for great
- You crave change, you embrace it
- You are bold and challenge the traditional way of thinking, bring new ideas to the table
- We’re an organization changing and shaping the lives of learnings across the country. Whether directly or indirectly, you’ll be helping make a real difference in the world.
- Our environment and culture encourages collaboration, requires communication and rewards risk-taking.
- We try hard to provide a good work life balance. We think we’re a great place to work that also allows you to have down time with friends and family.
- We believe in giving back to the communities in which we live and work. In fact, we offer 16 hours of paid time off for you to volunteer, in addition to your vacation days and company holidays.
- We want you to live a healthy lifestyle, and offer wellness programs, fitness centers, and onsite health clinics.
- Zovio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity of thought, culture, identity, and experience are important for what we’re doing. If everyone here thought alike, we’d never come up with anything new, much less anything bold or innovative. We want you to be your whole self here, and appreciate the unique nature of the people around you, too.
Zovio’s purpose is to help everyone be in a class of their own.