Senior Social Media Manager
As a member of the External Communications team, you will work cross-functionally to boost Samsara’s brand awareness via corporate social media channels and continue to maintain an engaged and active social audience. In addition to leading campaign development and strategy, you will write, edit, publish, and report on organic content across Samsara’s social media channels, spanning LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram among others.
In this role, you will work with Product Marketing, Content Marketing, and Design to develop creative content that amplifies our latest news with social audiences, which includes customers and prospects spanning various industries. You will also work cross-functionally with Recruiting and Talent Brand to curate content that shows what it’s like to work at Samsara and reach relevant candidates.
You will actively monitor conversations, comments, and feedback across Samsara’s social channels and engage with that content accordingly. As a part of this daily monitoring, you will work with stakeholders across Product, Finance, and Customer Support to triage issues as needed.
You are an excellent communicator and writer who can empathize with our social audiences and reach them with engaging and well-written social copy. You are also a creative thinker who can execute new ideas for Samsara to leverage trends and social strategies in a way that’s relevant for our community.
You have keen attention to detail and stellar project management skills to ensure campaigns run smoothly and new opportunities are scoped and executed efficiently. You are thorough and organized, especially when juggling multiple deadlines.
In this role, you will:
- Lead content strategy and write engaging, on-brand copy and develop accompanying visual assets for Samsara’s social media platforms
- Maintain and manage an ongoing editorial calendar with input from relevant stakeholder groups; identify campaign opportunities relevant to Samsara’s audiences
- Manage content publishing via our social media management platform, adjusting channel goals and best practices as needed to maintain growth and high engagement
- Engage and interact with Samsara’s social community by responding to questions, triaging issues, and joining in relevant conversations
- Manage our ongoing employee advocacy initiatives, working closely with Internal Communications and Talent Brand
- Support executive communications and thought leadership by monitoring relevant conversations and providing recommendations for how Samsara executives can amplify Samsara’s brand and drive more meaningful engagements
- Bring a social perspective to the larger Marketing team by assisting with social-first extensions of integrated campaigns
- Measure and analyze content effectiveness with metrics that validate and iterate on existing content strategies
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- BA in marketing, communications, journalism, or related field
- 8+ years of social media experience managing organic content for platforms including LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
- Experience executing B2B social media programs that boost brand awareness and engagement with proven results
- Strong understanding of social media success metrics; ability to present and analyze these metrics to the broader Marketing organization
- Strong editorial and copywriting skills
- High creative bar and attention to detail
- Proactive work style with a bias to action
An ideal candidate also has:
- Ability to anticipate problems and come to the table with viable solutions
- Strong work ethic, team-player mentality, and experience managing multiple stakeholders and projects end-to-end
- Experience in video production, editing, or graphic design
- Experience with Sprout Social, Bambu, Airtable, and Figma among other platforms
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global full-time employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance, growth and development opportunities, regular virtual team and company events, and other location-based perks. Review all of Samsara's current benefit offerings at rewards.samsara.com.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work. We value in person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office. We also offer a co-working support program for employees who are not located near a Samsara office. For more information about our Flexible Work model, please see our blog post here.