Senior Social Media & Content Manager
Petco is searching for a Senior Social Media & Content Manager to help build the Petco brand and social channels. Reporting to the Director, Social Media & Commerce, the Senior Social Media & Content Manager will be responsible for implementing Petco’s social strategy and own the content and positioning of Petco across all our social presences. The right candidate will have a proven track record of managing and publishing to social media channels for businesses. Additionally, they will be actively involved in helping curate, publish and promote content on the Petco social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and TikTok. This position will have high visibility and expectations working with cross-functional teams, therefore the candidate must have experience successfully managing multiple agencies and internal teams cohesively.
Essential Job Functions: The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Social Media Management (60%)
- Oversee the day-to-day management and publishing of the Petco social channels including preparing brand relevant copy for all posts
- Analyze and identify best-performing posts and industry’s trending topics and adjust social media editorial strategy accordingly.
- In partnership with Creative stakeholders, select and provide engaging text, image and video content for social media publications on a regular basis.
- Help define, track and analyze social media KPIs.
Content Management (30%)
- Manage and oversee social media creative in partnership with Creative teams
- Act as the expert voice and work with designers to ensure social media creative is relevant, on brand point and current to social media standards and trends.
- Be curious to identify new content opportunities based on social media trends and partner with Creative teams to successfully execute
Community Management (10%)
- Help define cohesive voice and tone for all communication on social media channels
- Assist the Petco Social Support team with user inquiries on social channels in a timely manner
- Bring a “rapid response” approach and be on point to adapt social media editorial strategy to current events or crises
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Other tasks and duties, as assigned
Role will have direct impact on Petco’s internal and external communications, including Petco.com, social media, etc.
Nature of Supervision:
General guidance will be provided on some, but not all tasks to be performed.
Position reports directly to the Director, Social Media & Commerce, who will oversee all work initially.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration (Management), Communications, Journalism, or Public Relations highly preferred. An equivalent combination of education and relevant experience may substitute for a degree
- Requires a minimum of three (3) years of social media experience with brands. Retail brands are a plus
- Experience with Social Media management platforms such as Sprinklr is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, TikTok and other social media emerging platforms
- Excellent understanding of social media strategies and ability to identify and track relevant community metrics
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to provide creative thinking across a variety of projects
- Basic understanding of SEO, web traffic metrics and basic Microsoft Office and photo editing skills
Petco Health and Wellness Company, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification.
Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification.