Senior Social Creative Strategist
Cashmere Agency is a lifestyle marketing collective of creative minds from the worlds of entertainment, advertising, and new media. We build authentic campaigns, pieced together by a creative mix of marketing and public relations strategies that resonate with today’s ever-evolving audience. Our client base includes a number of TV networks, motion picture studios, tech companies, and top-tier brands.
We are comprised of a diverse collective of minds from the worlds of entertainment, advertising, and new media who come together in identifying trends to create and execute creative ideas that resonate in, and drive, the culture. We’ve been recognized by AdAge as 2021 A-List Stand Out Agency, 2020 A-List Agencies to Watch, and 2019 AdAge Multicultural Agency of the Year, and just shortlisted, again in 2022.
The strategy discipline at Cashmere is uniquely-built to forge more authentic connections for brands and ultimately unlock ‘undeniably dope’ creative solutions that the culture engages with and even adopts as their own. Our process understands audience psychographics and behaviors (particularly GenZ multi-hyphens) – well beyond traditional demographics and personas – and mines for fresh cultural spaces where your brand can credibly live & lead in the culture surrounding your audience.
Cashmere Agency is seeking a talented and thoughtful Senior Social Creative Strategist to join our team.
The ideal candidate is more than an expert conductor of the social tactical/executional, but a virtuoso social brand strategist and social creative sherpa who can work across the consumer journey (across agency departments and disciplines) and can help bring together social strategy and creative planning for social in unique and groundbreaking ways.
You will help develop and shape creative concepts in the social sphere, partnering with brand creative partners to deliver work that’s social first, integrated and first-to-market. You should be tapped into culture, be an expert in the social space, and have a unique talent for building strategic content-driven storytelling—backed by data, insights, and trend analysis—for organic social.
- You’re a social media thought leader with a deep knowledge of culture—and ability to shape ideas to be culturally-relevant to brands and consumers alike.
- …spent time at agencies (or social marketing brand teams), capable of managing the day-to-day for a portfolio of brands, sometimes simultaneously – working on organic social for major brands that inhabit categories such as QSR, CPG, Food & Beverage, Spirits, Technology or other culturally relevant brand spaces.
- …have experience working directly with creative teams to develop social-first concepts and content for organic (and paid) social for AOR social media clients.
- …actively-contributed to the strategic answers that influenced, and won, social-media driven pitches and campaign development—and you are equally comfortable leading a brainstorm as you are presenting to clients.
- …able to devise and leverage smart, sellable cultural insights, developing social trends, and data-backed audience analysis to connect to target audiences using social media and digital platforms.
- …exposure across a wide spectrum of marketing and eager to inform diverse strategic outputs: aligning social to bigger brand objectives, to creative strategies and briefs, to creative platforms all the way down to advising the tactical ideas and execution.
- can balance being open and collaborative across disciplines while being strong enough in convictions, thought process and strategy to defend social marketing considerations into the bigger communications agenda across your teams.
- …thrive at the speed of new business –swiftly synthesize new industries and verticals, to helm fast fluid social research and discovery
- A roll-up-the-sleeves do’er, and collaborator
- …entrepreneurial and proactive – high comfort running autonomously and can earn trust to own/work outcomes over time, always with council and oversight by Director Social Strategy and Chief Strategy Officer.
- …thrives in occasional ambiguity and helps to drive clarity and cohesion in sometimes uncertain contexts – ie new and evolving social channels – should our brand go Mastodon in a post-Elon era?, what is the business problem and go-forward approach in response to occasionally-muddled RFPs from clients?, how could we drive integration among varying IAT partners at degrees of social-savvy?
- You’re a compelling writer who’s skilled at word economy, without reliance on meaningless marketing buzzwords.
What You’ll Be Doing: As a Sr. Social Creative Strategist you will be working with brands to:
- Be proactive on incoming new business Social RFPs – help assess and digest state of play, bring hypotheses and outline what it takes to win to your managers and cross-functional leaders.
- Act as a central and critical part of the social media campaign development process for organic social—partnering with creatives, copywriters, and creative strategists to build compelling culturally relevant social media strategy presentations.
- Identify—and play a central role in conceptualizing social-first, culturally relevant, data and research-backed content and ideas—designed to connect brands to consumers via social.
- Forge bespoke social strategy frameworks, sometimes in-sync with already existing brand frameworks and brand strategies.
- Ideate and implement innovative approaches to social media content and campaigns, that cut through the noise and make the audience sit up and take notice—and continuously learn from and optimize your approach based on performance.
- Identify and signal (via POV emails, briefs) creative social opportunities, in response to the cultural currents to internal teams and clients, and drive sell-through and drive our client’s objectives.
- Lead the development of social media strategies for campaigns—working collaboratively with inter-agency departments and holding company partners.
- Take a lead role in determining social media strategies and concepts that bring cultural relevance to the brand, and help to grow social account followings, and increase engagement on social platforms.
- Consistently, and swiftly, create punchy creative briefs that are powerfully-insightful and ultimately unlock undeniably dope social creative ideas that drive the culture forward.
- Work collaboratively with the Creative team to create high-caliber, original, on-brand, social-first content.
- Shape concepts, taking a lead role in presenting and pitching ideas to clients
- Be forward-thinking—ensure a steady level of experimentation is maintained on the brand’s social media accounts, and brainstorm new ideas and devise test plans across the relevant platforms accordingly to maintain a consistent approach to innovation.
- Monitor social trends in real-time and identify ways that these trends our conversations could be leveraged by the brand in ways that feel authentic and in the brand’s tone of voice.
- Regularly conduct competitor assessments and stay abreast of relevant industry trends and benchmarks—and assess the company’s relative performance on an ongoing basis.
- Provide strategic guidance for each social account with respect to tone, subject matter, frequency and timing of posts.
- Communicate with clients to understand goals, manage expectations, and work collaboratively.
- Work with your team to develop weekly content calendars (including copy and graphic assets).
- Understand the unique voice and tone of a brand and campaign and be able to incorporate that into social strategy.
- Help to develop and track key performance indicators and shape success measurement plans, optimize and evolve social strategy and content based on tracked metrics, and draw meaningful insights and learnings from performance.
- Closely partner with social analysts, data strategists, and comms strategists – as well as mentor community managers and burgeoning social strategists – collaborate and integrate them into your brainstorms, writers rooms, and news desk dailies
- Inform and participate with our strategy thought leadership publications – from ‘What’s Poppin’’ to ‘Thread Talks’ (Friday Culture Kickbacks), ‘Hot Takes’ reports and white papers and even Thread Count Summits and forums
- Be a solutions-oriented, problem solver who remains calm under pressure and who is comfortable multi-tasking independently
- Ability to own the room, communicate with anyone in a moment’s notice, and act quickly
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong understanding of social platforms and metrics
- Bachelor’s Degree in advertising, marketing, communication design, interaction design, digital marketing, communications and/or related field
- 5-7 years of demonstrated expertise in brand-focused social strategy capacity, designing and deploying digital campaigns across all major social platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, Twitter, Reddit (BeReal, Mastodon…) etc.
- Expertise on social platforms and broad social and behavioral trends and understand and drive creative campaigns, supported by insights and data/metrics
- Adept at deriving insights and opportunity from social media measurement and publishing platforms, such as Sprinklr, Brandwatch, and Affinio
- Galvanize and align creative partners and broader groups on the latest and greatest social opportunities and work collaboratively with various internal teams
- Demonstrated problem-solving of brand’s cultural challenges with a balance of rigor with persuasion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player
- Strong and persuasive leader with the ability to manage multiple initiatives
- Agency, or in-house, at Brand Social experience
- Passion for understanding and moving culture forward; experience with multicultural audiences and nuance a plus
Cashmere’s core values are:
- Own the work. Elevate each other.
- Seek to understand. Speak with intent.
- Spark Something. Challenge everything.
- Make room. Make change.
- Set the standard. Be undeniably dope.
Cashmere is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $90,000 - $100,000 annually. Salary is determined by a combination of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, generous paid time off, and other benefits also are available.
If you would like to become a part of one of the most influential, Culture agencies, then apply today!
**Sorry, we are not accepting referrals from staffing and executive search agencies.