We are seeking Senior Scientist to be part of a team focused on targeted non-viral gene therapy that enables novel cellular engineering within the Genomic Medicine Unit. The successful candidate will play a key supporting role in building non-viral gene therapy technology as an approach for treatment of immunological, inflammatory and/or oncological diseases.
The candidate will
- Lead the strategic development, engineering and implementation of targeted non-viral gene therapy to modify diverse cell types.
- Assist in the execution of a novel strategy for in vivo modification of diverse cell populations to support immuno-oncology, immunology and/or rare disease programs at Sanofi.
- Transversally collaborate across the company to support building the targeted non-viral gene therapy portfolio in Genomic Medicine Unit and beyond.
- Support and lead development of next-generation targeted non-viral gene therapy to strongly position Sanofi as a leader in in vivo gene therapy space
- Responsible for applying scientific expertise and judgement to initiate, design and execute experiments in a time sensitive manner.
- Acts as an impactful contributor of project teams and transverse initiatives.
- Provides informal and/or formal mentoring to junior scientists in the team
- Fosters creativity, productivity, execution with a sense of urgency, scientific integrity and accountability. Maintains a collaborative culture.
- PhD plus minimum 3 years of relevant research experience in an academic or biopharmaceutical setting or master’s degree plus minimum of 5 years of relevant research experience in a biopharmaceutical setting or Bachelors degree in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, genetics with 8 years of relevant research experience.
- Prior experience involving targeted non-viral gene therapy is required using targeted lipid nanoparticles to reprogram T cells, macrophages and NK cells.
- Experience culturing primary human cells is required, including T cells, macrophages, and NK cells.
- Experience independently preparing and executing flow cytometry experiments is required. Experience using the Agilent Novocyte platform is required.
- Experienced, results-oriented, with a track record of significant contribution to research projects and peer-reviewed publications
- Demonstrated ability to independently design, execute, interpret, and present experimental results.
- Flexibility to adapt to rapidly changing priorities and deadlines in a dynamic, fast paced industry and work environment.
- Experience in preparing high quality documents including technical reports, presentations, SOPs, and experimental protocols.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the USA.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Please note you are leaving the corporate site of Sanofi and are being redirected to our applicant tracking system, Workday, which allows you to apply to our open positions.