Senior Quality Engineer
Lear For You
We work hard for the people who work for us. We champion our teams. We foster collaboration, inclusion, respect and excellence. What we are trying to say is we want to be more for you.
We are your path to a better career, a better future, and a better you.
Our teams have invented groundbreaking technologies, flawlessly manufactured millions of products and earned a long list of awards. Year after year, we are one of the World's Most Admired Companies.
Our teams are the secret to our success. They are empowered, inventive and inclusive. Passionate about their craft. Driven to succeed. Because we all understand that we must work together to win.
Are you ready for a better career? A better future?
We're Lear For You.
As a member of the PPAP/APQP team, the Senior PPAP/APQP Engineer will be responsible to support the interface between the Customer and Lear PPAP Team on all PPAP/APQP production activities, as well as support of Lear Program Management and Engineering on PPAP/APQP and product Quality
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Customer PPAP/APQP support during all phases of product lifecycle
- Lear Plants PPAP/APQP support as required in all aspects of Plant and Program readiness
- Quality interface between Engineering, Program and Plant Teams
- Profile database management relative to supplier’s adherence Lear Policy of Profile use
- Support/facilitator of the PPAP Team to ensure all PPAP/APQP tasks are completed timely
- Support of the Program Management Team as required
- Document and progress reporting of PPAP/APQP tasks as required
- Competent in AIAG Manuals: PPAP 4-th Edition, APQP, MSA, SPC, CP, PFMEA
- Competent in time management, multitasking
- Expert in PPAP/APQP Process and Profile System.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and listening ability.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work with teams and lead decision-making processes in a team environment.
- Problem Solving and analytical skills using 8D methodology
- Understanding Quality Systems, internal and external
- Working knowledge of GM 1927 Supplier Quality Manual, with focus on Task 15 – PPAP
- Working knowledge of GM SOR (Statement of Requirements)
- Competent in Lear IMDS system
- Knowledgeable of seat assembly process in a JIT environment
Bonus If You Have:
- Open minded and thinking out-of-the-box attitude
- Understanding that the Customer and Plants are creating value, we are facilitators
Lear Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
Applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and will become the property of Lear Corporation.