Senior Project Accountant
HLW is an organization of architects, interior designers, workplace strategists and thought leaders working with vibrant global organizations. Our offices in New York, New Jersey, Los Angeles, London and Stamford are strategically located to serve our clients globally. Collaborating with our clients we are building a future that will respond to how buildings - inside and out - perform to support the dynamic ways technology and the global theatre are changing. Our designs tell our clients’ stories. Be a part of a global, collaborative culture that fosters creativity and innovation. For more about our culture and thought leadership, visit our website www.hlw.com.
Our New York office is recruiting for a Senior Project Accountant.
The position reports to the Director Studio Accounting.
- Prepare Revenue Recognition in accordance with GAAP
- Project Accounting - work with internal Project Managers
- Participate in Fee Reviews
- In preparation of revenue forecasts
- Financial and operational analysis of client projects
- Prepare forecasted project performance
- Analysis of project-to-date financial performance through Deep Dives
- Investigate and report variances (Actual Billing v’s Forecast)
- Monitor compliance with standard processes and procedures to include:
- Client contracts
- Certificates of insurance
- Consultant contracts
- Consultant Certificates of Insurance
- Assist with tracking consultant invoices and payments
- Assist with collections.
Reporting - Provide updates and input on Quarterly PM, PIC and Studio Books including but not limited to:
- Billing Capacity
- Labor Payroll Costs
- Project Profitability
- Bill minus Staff Cost
- Billing Forecast Accuracy
- Planning of cross border taxes and currency transfers
- Analysis of various corporate spending
- Preparation of financial reporting packages for internal and external presentation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance preferred.
- 5+ years of related, professional experience.
- Experience in Architecture or Engineering industry preferred.
- Excellent communication, written, and oral skills.
- Strong computer skills. (Microsoft Office, Pivot Tables and Macros).
- Knowledge of Deltek Vision Software preferable but not mandatory.
- Ability to lead discussions and analysis with leadership of the firm.
- Keen attention to detail required.
- Ability to think and work independently.
- Ability to juggle workload, prioritize, and meet multiple deadlines.
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurances, vacation, paid time off, flexible spending, life insurance, short-and long-term disability insurance, maternity and paternity leave, travel insurances, tuition assistance, reimbursement for professional licensing/certification exam fees, continuing education programs, 401(k) and commuter benefits.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.