Senior Production Designer
At Webflow, our mission is to bring development superpowers to everyone. Webflow is the leading visual development platform for building powerful websites without writing code. By combining modern web development technologies into one platform, Webflow enables people to build websites visually, saving engineering time, while clean code seamlessly generates in the background. From independent designers and creative agencies to Fortune 500 companies, millions worldwide use Webflow to be more nimble, creative, and collaborative. It’s the web, made better.
Webflow's education resources are known for breaking down complex topics with focus, clarity, and humor. The vast majority of our educational offerings are free on Webflow University: our platform for learning design and development. As Webflow offers a visual interface for HTML and CSS, millions of users come to Webflow University to learn the broad principles of web design and web development — not just Webflow!
We're looking for an exceptional Senior Production Designer, Video to join our Education & Community Design Team to accelerate our workflow and produce high-impact visuals that transform the way people learn for the web. You’ll report directly to the Manager of Education & Community Design, and work alongside our Producers and Editors at Webflow’s San Francisco headquarters. To that end, this is an in-person role requiring working from the office five days per week.
About the role:
- Location: San Francisco HQ
- Exempt status
- Our cash compensation amount for this role ranges from $115,000 - $145,000. All figures cited above are in $USD and pertain to workers located in the United States. Pay is based on several factors including market location, and may vary depending on job related experience, knowledge, qualifications, and skills.
As a Senior Production Designer, Video, you'll:
- Rapidly create best-in-class 2D and 3D visuals. You’ll bring text, interfaces, and illustrations to life by translating complex and technical concepts into clear visuals. We produce high impact education videos at a quick pace, which means you’ll rapidly iterate on still and motion assets for product education, demonstrations, ads, and other videos — including critical launch content such as thumbnails and covers.
- Maintain a scalable motion and brand design system for the video production and design team. You'll work directly with our world-class production and design teams to establish frameworks and design systems that will scale our video production design assets. This includes work on guidelines, principles, and reusable components that will be implemented in hundreds of videos that push the boundaries of teaching design and development.
- Develop high-quality sandbox site designs. Webflow empowers people to develop mind-blowing websites. You’ll create designs that serve as the foundation for clear and engaging teaching. This includes iterating on designs in Figma and building the designs out in Webflow.
- Push the boundaries of what's possible. Our team enjoys a ton of experimental freedom, and we're always looking for ways to improve, even when the method isn't 100% proven. If an idea gets our users excited about learning, we're interested in trying it. We love bold, aspirational, and sophisticated designs. If it makes someone do a double-take, let's build it. We use stills, illustrations, scripted videos, unscripted videos, music with video, and clear graphics to reinforce teaching visually. (And about a billion other things that won't fit in this paragraph.)
In addition to the responsibilities outlined above, at Webflow we will support you in identifying where your interests and development opportunities lie and we'll help you incorporate them into your role.
You’ll thrive as a Senior Production Designer, Video, if…
- You have 3+ years of experience in producing a broad range of static and motion deliverables.
- Work well in fast-paced, deadline-driven productions where you’ll often collaborate with multiple producers, editors, and designers.
- Thrive in a candid environment where feedback is celebrated in the collaborative pursuit of creating top-tier work.
- You are proficient in visual design and motion tools like After Effects, Screenflow, Figma, Photoshop, and Keynote. Bonus points if you love Keynote and Cinema 4D as much as we do.
- You are an excellent communicator (both verbal and written) with an ability to present your work to peers and key stakeholders.
- You are humble and respectful and value team success over personal success.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Research shows that you may still be considered for a role if you meet just half of the requirements.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Obsess over customer experience. We deeply understand what we’re building and who we’re building for and serving. We define the leading edge of what’s possible in our industry and deliver the future for our customers.
- Move with heartfelt urgency. We have a healthy relationship with impatience, channeling it thoughtfully to show up better and faster for our customers and for each other. Time is the most limited thing we have, and we make the most of every moment.
- Say the hard thing with care. Our best work often comes from intelligent debate, critique, and even difficult conversations. We speak our minds and don’t sugarcoat things — and we do so with respect, maturity, and care.
- Make your mark. We seek out new and unique ways to create meaningful impact, and we champion the same from our colleagues. We work as a team to get the job done, and we go out of our way to celebrate and reward those going above and beyond for our customers and our teammates.
Benefits & wellness
- Equity ownership (RSUs) in a growing, privately-owned company
- 100% employer-paid healthcare, vision, and dental insurance coverage for employees and dependents (US; full-time Canadian workers working 30+ hours per week), as well as Health Savings Account/Health Reimbursement Account, dependent on insurance plan selection. Employees also have voluntary insurance options, such as life, disability, hospital protection, accident, and critical illness
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for both birthing and non-birthing caregivers, as well as an additional 6-8 weeks of pregnancy disability for birthing parents to be used before child bonding leave. Employees also have access to family planning care and reimbursement
- Flexible PTO with an mandatory annual minimum of 10 days paid time off, and sabbatical program
- Access to mental wellness coaching, therapy, and Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly stipends to support health and wellness, as well as smart work, and annual stipends to support professional growth
- Professional career coaching, internal learning & development programs
- 401k plan and financial wellness benefits, like CPA or financial advisor coverage
- Commuter benefits for in-office workers
Temporary employees are not eligible for paid holiday time off, accrued paid time off, paid leaves of absence, or company-sponsored perks.
Be you, with us
At Webflow, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Not ready to apply, but want to be a part of the Webflow community? Consider following our story on our Webflow Blog, LinkedIn, Twitter, and/or Glassdoor.
To join Webflow, you'll need valid U.S. or Canadian work authorization depending on the country of employment.
If you are extended an offer, that offer may be contingent upon your successful completion of a background check, which will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.