The Senior Product Quality Engineer will be responsible for driving the execution of quality goals and objectives with a strong emphasis on New Product Introduction (NPI). The ability to leverage prior experience and expertise during the early stages of product design to contribute in terms of Design for Reliability, Durability, Manufacturability/Assembly and Testability is essential. Also key is the ability to implement necessary processes and steps during New Product Introduction phase and early product launch in support of continual improvement and achievement of internal and external customer quality goals.
This position requires the ability to proactively drive actions internally and throughout the supply base, including manufacturing partners and tier one suppliers to meet internal and external customer expectations for quality. Successful execution of this role requires close collaboration with internal organizations including product management, engineering and program management to identify causes of potential product failures during the NPI phases and drive corrective and preventative actions internally and/or with supplier factories as needed. Also required is the ability to define and facilitate implementation of product quality plans and utilize various quality tools to identify and address potential failure modes in anticipation of successful product launches.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Serve as a key member in the New Product Development team to anticipate and proactively manage product quality, durability and reliability issues and improvement opportunities.
- Develop plans for preventing and addressing quality, durability and reliability issues and drive key lessons learned into the NPI process.
- Works closely with New Product Development teams to define and execute quality goals, including identification, definition, implementation and tracking of Critical-to-Quality (CTQ) attributes and acceptance criteria.
- Utilize quality analytics tools to validate resolution of any issues to ensure quality goals are met and sustainable.
- Lead cross functional teams in early field failure analysis through closed loop corrective action and implementation of appropriate permanent solutions.
- Estimate impact of failures on return and field failure rates to drive informed and appropriate technical and business decisions.
- Spearhead and actively contribute to the FMEA (Failure Mode and Effect Analysis) process on new designs.
- Develop and review product quality plans for new products.
- Drive identification and implementation of effective solutions to business / quality problems across the organization, including supplier, NPI and initial launch product quality.
- Participate in supplier/ODM quality management assessment and qualification of new partners relative to their impact on new product introduction.
- Ensure adherence to company quality practices. Contribute to the development of key quality procedures leveraging industry best practices.
- Articulate and effectively communicate quality-related issues in terms of risk and potential impact to our brand, financials, schedules and other business objectives.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BS in Engineering required.
- At least 5 years of previous Quality and Reliability Engineering experience required; consumer electronics experience highly desirable.
- Experience defining and implementing reliability testing strategies and related test plans is required.
- Experience in product design for quality and reliability, including electrical and mechanical components.
- Experience working closely with Asia-based suppliers is required.
- Familiar in implementing ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems. ISO Lead Assessor experience preferred.
- Certification as a Quality or Reliability Engineer or Six Sigma Green/Black Belt is desirable.
- Detailed oriented with strong presentation, communication and organizational skills.
What you’re getting into
We’ve got big collaborative spaces for your big ideas, so bring an open mind and leave your suit in the closet. We all are committed to creating unique and rewarding consumer experiences. Everyone is interested in succeeding – for the team, for themselves and for the business. Cross-functionally and across the company, everyone has common goals and aspires to be their best.
You will learn something new or at least look at things differently every day. There are so many smart and creative people around that you’ll be motivated to pursue the ideal.
Team spirit is infectious. Belkin is an extremely open workplace, where communication is essential. Not every idea will be accepted, but you’ll be asked for your point of view. Innovation thrives on multiple and varied levels. At Belkin we challenge conventional wisdom and refuse to accept that something cannot be done.
We are committed to diversity. Belkin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
All candidates applying for a job in the EMEA region, please review the Applicant Privacy notice HERE
Range for this position:
$100,000 - $130,000
Factors such as geographic location, academic credentials, relevant experience, and specific knowledge, skills and abilities will influence the actual salary offered. In addition to a competitive market-based salary, compensation also includes a performance-based bonus, and in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Further details can be found here.