Senior Product Manager, Consumer Packaged Goods
San Francisco, CA
At PAX we strive to enhance people’s lives through exceptional cannabis experiences. Our curated set of pure full flavor pods and award-winning devices make enjoying cannabis simple and safe. For more than a decade, we have created next-generation devices that deliver enduring quality and wellness benefits through innovations in design and technology, and remain trusted by millions of consumers nationwide. We’re the #1 cannabis brand nationally with top awareness and NPS scores. Our standards allow for the safest vaporization of cannabis on the market. We are passionate about increasing well-being and joy through the power of cannabis, and we are committed to advancing opportunity through supporting social justice, access and equity in the industry.
We are incredibly excited about the tremendous growth of the cannabis industry, inspired every day by how cannabis can change lives, and fortunate for our leading position in the space. Our culture is focused on putting the consumer first, making an impact together, and also having fun along the way! Our team has helped build businesses at the intersection of consumer, technology and wellness, including Apple, Google, Tesla, Uber, GoPro, Fitbit, Constellation, Honest Company, Eaze and more. PAX is backed by leading consumer and technology investors including Tiger Global and Tao Invest, and has raised over $430MM in capital.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the VP of Product, the Senior Product Manager, CPG will be responsible for the development, launch, and ongoing innovation of our new consumables product lines (the fastest-growing part of the PAX business). You'll oversee everything from need-finding, user research, market research, idea generation, product positioning, product formulation, concept development and testing, and product launch & iteration. The Senior PM will also serve as the leader and “glue” between multiple company touch-points including product formulation, market research, user research, formulation, marketing, brand, commercialization, and leadership.
- Facilitate cross-functional working groups to drive innovative new concepts in a fast-paced environment
- Build a strong roster of scalable “product hits” in the market with aggressive expansion to additional markets as measured by consumable revenue growth, etc.
- Cultivate a strong pipeline of innovation to continue to fuel consumer demand across cannabis consumables and CPG products
- Assemble and continue to manage a lean, highly productive, cross-functional team
- Develop a strong process for product innovation in the consumables space
- Maintain a predictable and reliable product development launch schedule
- 5+ years as a product manager at a fast-paced CPG company
- Have led launches of new products from ideation to launch
- Familiarity with marketing claims, consumer study design and management
- Experience translating consumer insights into actionable consumer products
- Experience with packaging design and development a plus
- B.A. in a related field or have strong work experience with associated proof points of delivery
PAX LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Competitive compensation, equity & bi-annual performance reviews
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401K plan
- Generous PTO policy
- Paid Parental Leave
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Employee Purchase Program for discounted PAX devices
- Weekly catered lunch, endless snacks, and beverages
- Dog-Friendly HQ in the Mission District of San Francisco
- Employee Assistance Program including access to online legal support
Put Consumers First - We are here to enhance their lives. We put their needs first in everything we do. We work together to deliver unique solutions for their benefit.
Build a Community - We are active and beneficial builders of a global community. We collaborate together to support sustainability, well-being and social equity efforts—both internally and externally—to establish cannabis as a force for good.
Innovate with Passion - We are passionate about enhancing the cannabis experience by making it positive, accessible and intuitive. We set the standards, innovate for consumers and find the yes as a team.
Be the Solution and Collaborate - We work as a team to achieve winning outcomes, knowing we each individually are the solution, but can only succeed together.
Lead with Humility and Transparency - We stay open and humble in everything we do. We value learning from each other, and cultivate transparency in our culture and products.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.