Senior Product Designer I
We are looking for an organized, detailed designer who will bring ideas, tools, and processes to help our team collaborate and solve complex problems. You thrive working within constraints and a fast-paced environment. This role will play a key role in our team evolution and will serve as a key player in transforming our products and shaping our design team.
You will be joining a global team of seasoned and growing product designers, leading design for one of our most important product lines. We are committed to a workplace that reflects the governments and communities we serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.
To apply, send us your resume and a portfolio of work samples
- Leverage our design principles and personas to craft elegant, but practical solutions
- Design wireframes, mockups, and prototypes and validate them with users & internal experts
- Able to connect the dots at a platform level, establishing and executing a strategic vision
- Own and drive all phases of the design process for the product line, working with product management and engineering leaders to define use cases, scope, user journeys, and interactions
- Use research data and product analytics to understand user needs, make decisions, and communicate solutions
- Steward our design system by using and creating reusable patterns across products
- Coach and mentor junior designers through all phases of the design process
- Help our team choose the right methods and tools for creative problem solving
- Present your work to stakeholders across the company to receive feedback and communicate the value of design
- Champion design across the business, working with stakeholders inside and outside of R&D teams
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- Typically 4-6 years of experience working in cross-functional product and engineering teams
- A strong understanding of how to apply human factors and user-centered design principles to software
- Proven experience in designing, building, and maintaining design systems
- The ability to connect the dots between multiple product suites and company strategy
- Proven experience leading the design process from concept to implementable solution
- Strong communication skills and an ability to clearly present complex ideas to stakeholders
- The ability to start with complex data and customer workflows and drive toward simple and intuitive solutions
- A player-coach mentality and propensity for hands-on work and empowering colleagues
- A master of common design software tools, e.g. Figma (preferred), Sketch, InVision
- Experience with complex system and wicked problems in government, finance, or enterprise domains
- Experience applying various design research methods to gain insights and inform product vision and direction
- Experience designing for a variety of mediums and surfaces, including mobile devices and printed materials
What makes OpenGov unique
- Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs and SF Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
- Funding: $140 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, and Emerson Collective. Click here to read more about our latest round of funding!
- Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
- Growth: Double growth with 1,000+ governments (and counting) using our products!
- Culture: Winner of 2021 Top Workplaces USA award, Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
- Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, monthly fitness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
- Product: Named a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, we are the leader in cloud ERP software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
- Mission Driven: We are a technology company helping out our communities, cities, and states. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.