Senior Product Designer
WHO IS KINSHIP?
Kinship is here to help everyone pet parent like a pro. We’re building the future of pet care, combining insights, products, and services to help people be the best pet parents they can be - and to ultimately create a better world for pets. Kinship is a business division of Mars Petcare, the global leader in pet health, nutrition, and services, and dedicated to one purpose: A Better World for Pets. Learn more at www.kinship.co.
OUR FAMILY OF BRANDS
- Adopt-a-Pet the destination for finding homes for homeless pets; we help animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies connect their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month
- Wisdom Panel our world-leading genetic health screening and DNA testing for dogs
- Whistle the award-winning GPS dog tracker and health monitor
- Pet Insight Project our ground-breaking science team that uses AI to turn billions of data points into actionable insights
- Vet Insight our expert-driven, on-demand pet health platform
- The Wildest the destination that helps pet parents keep their cool in the wild world of pet parenting
- GoodFriend a marketplace for all your pet’s people, connecting pet owners with their people, from groomers, trainers, to veterinarians and experts
- PetExec is here to help organizations of all sizes in managing their daycare, boarding, grooming, and training operations
Together, these teams work to set new standards in pet care. And, as a part of Mars Petcare, they work to create a better world for pets.
WHO WE ARE
Wisdom is on a mission to help pets live their longest and happiest lives. We are home to the world’s largest and most comprehensive dog DNA database, and a committed pet parent community passionate about helping us make our next discovery towards building a better world for pets. The Wisdom research team leverages these unparalleled resources to power discoveries that could drive real change in the growing field of pet care technology.
We are entering our next chapter of growth and innovation. Having already launched a best-in-class ancestry prediction and relationships platform, we are now building enhancements to increase accuracy, drive product features and enable health prediction discovery. We are also connecting the dots between the new division focused on Science and Diagnostics at Mars Petcare, and will participate in product feature development across business verticals to which few biotechs have access.
OUR BRAND AT SDx
Our mission at Mars Petcare is to make the world a better place for pets. In SDx, we use our data, products, and services to help people be the best pet parents they can be. And we unite changemakers in pet care to break down barriers, open new doors, share insights, and advance our collective knowledge. All so we can reimagine the pet parenting experience, up people’s confidence, and help the world find better ways to care.
We’re seeking a product design leader who has experience with both consumer and enterprise applications and is eager to bring their talents to Wisdom. Our Sr Product Designer will partner closely with product and engineering to translate the product vision into the best user outcomes and world- class experience for today’s pet parents and beyond. This person is up for the challenge of driving unified and cohesive design systems behind the scenes while allowing the distinctiveness of our brand to shine.
Key responsibilities include:
- Partner with product, growth and engineering teams to translate the product vision into an actionable product strategy, roadmap and opportunity backlog
- Create wireframes, flows, comps, prototypes, and production assets to effectively communicate interaction and design work and validate ideas
- Continuously refine and optimize UX experience in partnership with product, growth and engineering team to create product / market fit with the goal to exceeding target metrics (conversion, retention, engagement and more)
- Study trends, exploring new interaction models & technology and imagining the future will be a recurring activity as part of our visioning exercises.
- Facilitation and key contributor in idea sourcing, concept development and prioritization of those new ideas
- Collaborate with Marketing and Commerce teams to balance the need to keep things fresh with the best user outcomes and customer experiences
- Maintain high accountability and own the full design process leading to deliverables that are on-time, detailed, and polished
- Drive the evolution of our tools and processes across Wisdom that will drive efficiency and ease as well as great results
- 7+ years of UX design experience in a growth startup environment across B2C and B2B business models with mobile, web and in-person consumer journeys
- 7+ years of experience with digital product design (visual and interaction)
- 3+ years of empathy-based customer / user research experience
- Ability to align key executive leaders and produce design outcomes that get thumbs up from users and stakeholders alike
- Proven success in a fast-paced environment with resilience in the face of evolving priorities
- Data-driven and metrics focused; gathering user research and analytics to inform your designs and approach, working cross-functionally to reach target goals and vision
- Comfortable working from inception through execution (brainstorming, sketching, mapping, wireframing, prototyping, designing, user flows, paring or even coding, AB Testing)
- Simple and refined design aesthetic and sensibility – with considerations to usability, simplicity, and consistency – and can design to specific consumer and brand needs
- Fluent with design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, InVision, Axure, Framer, etc.
- Honest and humble and can give and take critique productively
- Can communicate design approaches to product managers, software engineers and other stakeholders
- Experience leading collaborative projects that span multiple teams and disciplines
If you also had these experiences, you’d knock it out of the dog park:
- You Have Courage: a willingness to bring forth a new idea, engaging others across SDx to support you, and taking risks and action will full accountability
- You Learn at Pace: a consistent and fast work ethic to meet growth goals, and the ability to evolve and pivot quickly from what you’ve learned
- You Value Difference: a genuine belief in inclusion and diversity is in your DNA, and it shows up in your work, and how you work.
The San Francisco, California base salary range for this position is $145,000 - $175,000 annually, commensurate with experience. Total compensation will include bonus incentives and benefits. Kinship provides Full Time Employees (Associates) benefits which may include health insurance, retirement plan benefits, eligibility for Mars discounts, unlimited paid time off and access to other benefit programs. Eligibility for Kinship benefits is determined under the terms of the applicable Kinship Benefits plan at a person’s date of hire.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
- Opportunities to impact and grow the business on a day to day basis
- Dog-friendly workplaces
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k match, and pet benefits for Full-Time Employees and their families
- Unlimited paid time off for Full-Time Employees
- Hybrid work environment
- Parental leave for the birth or adoption of your new human child (and fur baby) for Full-Time Employees
- Discounts on pet products, services, nutrition and veterinary wellness plans
- An extensive onboarding program with a chance to meet all of our leaders across Kinship
Kinship is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Note to Search Firms/Agencies:
Kinship does not compensate search firms for unsolicited assistance unless they have a written search agreement with Kinship and the requisition is position-specific. Any resumes, curriculum vitae, and other unsolicited assistance from search firms that do not have a written search agreement or position-specific requisition submitted to any Associate of Kinship will be deemed the sole property of Kinship and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Kinship.