Senior Product Designer
FEVO’s mission is to make shopping feel human in a virtual world. We do that by building innovative, intuitive checkout experiences that allow shoppers to interact with friends and followers throughout the purchase process. Our team is made up of innovators and self-starters who move fast, have fun and harbor a deep-seated hatred of the status quo. All in a day’s work.
FEVO is seeking a Senior Product Designer to drive the checkout experiences for our luxury retail brands! You will work closely with product managers, engineers, and other product and cross-functional leaders to develop a world class, social shopping experience for some of the biggest names in fashion. Please note this is a hybrid role and you will be required to come into the office so must live locally or be able to commute to NYC.
WHO YOU ARE:
- 4+ years of experience in one or more of the following product spaces: ecommerce, payments, online checkout
- Strong career progression in product design and experience as a Senior Product Designer at modern tech, consumer-facing app, SaaS, and/or ecommerce companies
- Passion for solving product problems while balancing all facets of a user experience (strategy and research, information architecture, interaction design)
- A deep understanding of the end-to-end iterative design process including how to develop and use design research, job stories, journey mapping, content modelling, wire-framing, prototyping, user testing, and high-fidelity visuals to achieve human-centered design solutions
- Proficiency in interaction design for web and mobile applications
- Experience collaborating closely with multiple disciplines including product and engineering
- Proficiency with current industry design and collaboration tools such as Figma, Sketch, Github, etc.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Obsess over the shopper checkout process. You’ll own projects from start to finish, while leading various UX initiatives including running design sprints to define and explore consumer problems and JTBD, content mapping, sketching, wireframing, low and high-fidelity prototyping, and leading stakeholder reviews
- Partner with product and data team members to help your team develop empathy for our consumers and advocate for their needs.
- Collaborate with different disciplines. You will work closely with engineers, product managers, researchers, and front-end developers to explore, build and ship your designs. You will help other disciplines understand the value design can bring to a project and ultimately build and ship the best products
- Be a mentor to less-experienced designers and make your team stronger. You’ll provide feedback to your peers to help strengthen your team and Shopify as a whole. You will help your teammates build context, strong decision-making skills, and empathy for our consumers
- Ship valuable and high-quality work without sacrificing speed
- Collaborate with multiple teams. Designing for cross-product, cross-platform foundational features, you will be leveraging and incorporating the domain expertise of teams focused on specific consumer workflows
THE GOOD STUFF!
- Competitive salary range of $180-200k
- Unlimited PTO
- Amazing holiday schedule
- Stock option program
- Generous benefits including full health and dental
- Apple products such as Airpods and iPads
- Stipend for going to live events
- 6 months parenthood leave
- 2 weeks paw-ternity leave for adopting a pet
- Annual FevoFest conference usually in a tropical location
- Too many other things to mention!
FEVO provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our company does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.