Senior Product Designer
What’s the role?
The Payments team at Etsy is committed to creating and maintaining a resilient, streamlined and scalable payments platform. Available in 43 countries, Etsy Payments succeeds by enabling buyers and sellers to transact in 19 currencies and offers 12 different methods to pay for items on our site.
As a Senior Product Designer on this team you will craft a payment service experience that both our internal and external partners can integrate with easily. You will define and craft solutions that show users the depth and breadth of the payments experience. We will look to you to streamline the structure of our payments data, enabling us to draw insights that help us optimize and build new services!
We are looking for someone who can work closely with a team of cross-functional partners in product management, engineering, research and analytics. We will look to you to set design strategy and priorities and collaborate with Payments designers across teams to help unify the work. You will collaborate and lead with multidisciplinary partners including our platform and seller empowerment teams to contribute to our overall vision for the Payments Platform!
This is a full-time position reporting to the Senior Product Design Manager and the base salary range will be 133,000.00 - 173,000.00 USD per year. In addition to salary, you will also be eligible for an equity package, an annual performance bonus, and our competitive benefits that support you and your family as part of your total rewards package at Etsy. For this role, we are considering candidates based in the United States who are either remote, flex, or office-based. Etsy offers different work modes to meet the variety of needs and preferences of our team. Learn more about our flexible work options and vaccination policy here.
What’s this team like at Etsy?
- Join a team focused on and passionate about improving the Payments experience!
- There will be collaboration with cross-functional product partners in engineering, research, analytics, and product management.
- You’ll be setting design strategy and priorities and running experiments to optimize the payments at Etsy.
- Together you deliver solutions to challenging problems and get feedback directly from customers.
What does the day-to-day look like?
- Discovering insights, opportunities, and requirements
- Testing prototypes and hypotheses with users to collect feedback
- Launching experiments and evaluating how they perform and how to iterate
- Sharing your work to peers and leadership, asynchronous and in-person
- Taking part in weekly design critiques, workshops, all hands and squad meetings
- Thinking and writing about your process and documenting your decisions
- Of course, this is just a sample of the kinds of work this role will require! You should assume that your role will encompass other tasks, too, and that your job duties and responsibilities may change from time to time at Etsy's discretion, or otherwise applicable with local law
Senior level at Etsy means:
- Run independently or give direction to designers within your team
- Can lead workshops and effectively align the group around a vision and approach
- Have a track record of crafting sophisticated flows and customer journeys
- Can think and design at a system level, not just interface elements or pages
- Regularly make use of your soft skills: listening, collaborating, decision-making
- Spend time providing mentorship to other designers
- Play a key part in hiring, onboarding, and improving our team’s culture and engagement
Qualities that will help you thrive in this role are:
- Effective articulation of ideas and design solutions
- Expressing feedback with understanding and clarity
- Tolerance for ambiguity and healthy curiosity
- Translation of quantitative & qualitative insights into design decisions
- Contribution to our culture: motivation, optimism, quality, integrity
Please note: If you are expressing interest by applying to one Product Designer role, we will automatically consider your application for all open positions at that level. Please do not apply to roles at the same level. We have you covered!
If you're interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send a cover letter and resume telling us why you'd be right for the position. As you've hopefully seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don't want you to be like everyone else -- we want you to be like you! So write to us and tell us what you're all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.
For U.S. roles only:
Many Etsy roles are open to remote candidates, and you'll be able to identify which ones within the location header of each job description. We're open to remote hires from all U.S. states except Hawaii and Alaska.