Senior Product Designer
Wistia is a video marketing software company working to make business more human with video. We aim to be on the cutting-edge of marketing—both in our marketing efforts and by building products and creating content that helps our customers stay ahead of the curve. At Wistia, our goal is to make business more human. That’s a big task, but we're super excited to help the world get there faster through simple and delightful video-focused products.
As a Senior Product Designer at Wistia, you’ll help us re-design our media analytics tool and work with the Analyze team to think deeply about video analytics and how we can make it a better experience for our customers. For this role, you’ll report to our Senior Director of Product Design, and you’ll be involved in each stage of development, from strategy, creative exploration, to implementation. Embedded within a cohesive cross-functional team of design, product and engineering partners, you’ll help uphold the following values and universal best practices for inclusive design with your work:
Intentional Simplicity. Design is best when the product is the simplest for users rather than the designer. Your designs strike the right balance of simplicity, making tools our tools straightforward and intuitive to new users versus simplistic or unremarkable.
Meaningful Creativity. This is achieved when the final product results from many inputs and active exploration. You’ll help designers add meaning through their creativity and focus their skills in ideation and creation around a real customer problem or desire.
Polished Presentation. This means much more than pixel-perfect design, but it includes the assets and processes to implement the design successfully. Our team should feel inspired when we see each other’s designs at every stage along the way to implementation.
Ambitious and Determined. Ambitious design is by definition, difficult to achieve. So when designing for the future, you’ll consider long-term benefits not just short-term inconveniences. Helping your team be ambitious sets us up for better outcomes considering what we know about the business, the market, and excellent product design processes.
For this role you have:
- 6+ years of real-world experience designing websites, software or applications
- Meaning, you have a broad toolkit and practical know-how to adapt your design processes to different challenges.
- Can form instincts and apply your taste to designs, but prefer to back up your decisions with concrete user insights and evidence
- Expertise with modern design tools (similar but not exclusive to Sketch, Abstract, Figma, or Adobe XD) and design systems
- Excellent visual fundamentals of color, typography, and holistic design
- Familiarity with technical constraints and best practices for modern responsive web/mobile applications
- More than empathy - you have user-centered approaches to design, invested in user behavior and outcomes.
To be the most successful here, you will:
- Take time to step back dream about big possibilities, not just features
- Stay inspired with a "beginner's mind": open and excited to discover new ideas
- Care about design beyond software to include your fellow designers and design's impact on the world
- Be inclusive: you don't design for your users, but with them
Working at Wistia
We try to ensure Wistia is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We care a lot, so our benefits are actually benefits, not just the fun stuff like swag and snacks in the office (though we also have lots of those too!).
We know the biggest investment we can make is in our employees, so we provide:
- A great compensation package
- 401k with 3% company contribution, regardless of whether you contribute
- Profit Sharing!
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid healthcare coverage for you and your family (including dental) and a healthcare FSA
- Up to 16 weeks paid family leave
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Transportation subsidies
We have a beautiful office in Cambridge, MA, but we're all working remotely (all 100+ of us) right now. So permanently remote applicants will be considered, but we'll prioritize local applicants, those willing to relocate, and those within 3 hours of EST.