Senior Principal Systems Engineer
Raytheon has an immediate opening in Goleta, CA for a Senior Principal Systems Engineer committed and passionate about creating innovative and cost-effective EW solutions to support the Electronic Warfare business area relating to Electronic Support (ES) and Electronic Attack (EA) capability development.
This position is an onsite role.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- You will determine what the requirements should be for a product or system based on information from the customer and providing traceability to these requirements,
- You will decide how to capture those requirements in specific documents such as specifications and interface control documents
- You will ensure the requirements are clear, concise, understandable and verifiable
- You will ensure that the source of requirements (i.e. Analysis, Trade Studies, etc) are documented and retrievable
- You will trace the flow of requirements between different parts of the program to ensure that all areas have the complete information appropriate to their activity
- You will ensure all requirement changes are assessed for impact to the overall system and subsystems and that implemented changes are tracked and controlled.
- Typically requires Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and ten (10) years of EW/Radar systems design and requirements engineering experience.
- Experience preparing and leading teams to support system lifecycle and product maturity (design reviews, internal gate reviews).
- Formal Systems Engineering (V-model; requirements definition, design, development, I&T, V&V) experience
- Experience with requirements management and with developing Systems Engineering products, such as System-level specifications, requirements allocation spreadsheets, or verification cross-reference matrices.
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering (Cameo Enterprise Architecture (SysML specifically), digital thread concepts, digital engineering, MBSE with DevSecOps)
- Experienced presenter preparing and presenting reports and briefings both orally and written.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with Active (or active within past 24 months) DoD Secret Clearance and must have the ability to obtain and maintain SAP (Special Access Programs). This SAP must be obtained within a reasonable amount of time as determined by the company to meet its business needs.
- Strong RF experience and knowledge of microwave modules.
- Experience with Modeling and Simulation, agile DevSecOps delivery pipelines, software development principals, Digital Thread concepts and realization in the development lifecycle.
- Experience with tools such as Matlab/Simulink, DOORS, DNG, Cameo, Jira, and Confluence.
- Technical team leadership experience of minimum of three engineers.
- Earned Value Management / Cost Account Management experience.
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance with investigation within five years.
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement, and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Please consider the following role type definitions as you apply for this role.
- Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
- Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. Ratio of time working onsite will be determined in partnership with your leader.
- Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home). An employee may be expected to travel to the site location as needed.
This requisition is eligible for an employee referral award. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the referral award.
The salary range for this role is 112,000 USD - 236,000 USD; however, RTX considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, location, education/training, and key skills. Hired applicants may be eligible for benefits, including but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, flexible work schedules, employee assistance program, Employee Scholar Program, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays. Specific benefits are dependent upon the specific business unit as well as whether or not the position is covered by a collective-bargaining agreement.
Hired applicants may be eligible for annual short-term and/or long-term incentive compensation programs depending on the level of the position and whether or not it is covered by a collective-bargaining agreement.
Payments under these annual programs are not guaranteed and are dependent upon a variety of factors including, but not limited to, individual performance, business unit performance, and/or the company’s performance.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms