Senior Payroll Analyst
Under general direction, performs complex HR/Payroll processes and activities for new hires, rate changes, multi-state taxation rules, processing time records, maintaining payroll control records, including but not limited to import of payroll files, validation, and review of entries made prior to payroll processing. Functional experience in federal, state, and local payroll tax laws including multi-state and multi-local tax calculations and processing. Involvement in the daily support of systems and processes as well as assistance/participation in projects as requested by the Payroll Manager. Recommends improvements to practices and procedures to further develop consistency and quality. Ensure continual Sarbanes-Oxley compliance. Various payroll duties include, but are not limited to, payroll events processing, off-cycle paycheck processing, paycheck reversals, and tax adjustments. Audit responsibilities include reconciliation of monthly and pay period payroll reports, preliminary payroll audits, research and resolution of employee payroll questions, and paycheck issues/errors. Demonstrates broad knowledge of the functional area. Exercises independent judgment with the ability to apply advanced skills, concepts, practices, and procedures to complete small to medium projects or a complex component of a large project. Aids with training, work assignments, or auditing payroll inputs prior to processing. Must be able to work under general direction on assignments and make decisions based on the impact they may have on the success of a project team, department, workgroup, or client.
- Associate degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years of payroll processing or accounting.
- Advanced computer software skills with office tools and payroll systems.
- Full understanding of payroll terminology, including payroll tax, garnishments, and payroll processing.
- WorkDay experience is a plus.
- Multi-State Payroll experience is preferred
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley
- Critical thinking/reasoning and problem-solving skills; ability to weigh relative costs and benefits of potential actions.
- Highly organized, strong communication and interpersonal skills; a passion for customer service; flexibility; innovation; high energy self-starter with the utmost level of integrity.
- Generous Paid Time Off (5 weeks PTO your first year!)
- 4 days (one day/quarter) of Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- We offer a comprehensive medical, dental and Wellness Program
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- An infrastructure that allows flexible working arrangements
- Formal and informal reward, recognition and acknowledgement programs
- Lots of fun and employee development events
Sabre is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. Applicants applying for a Sabre position with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact Sabre's Compliance Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sabre is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. EEO IS THE LAW