Who we are
Collaborative. Respectful. A place to dream and do. These are just a few words that describe what life is like at Toyota. As one of the world’s most admired brands, Toyota is growing and leading the future of mobility through innovative, high-quality solutions designed to enhance lives and delight those we serve. We’re looking for diverse, talented team members who want to Dream. Do. Grow. with us.
Toyota Financial Savings Bank (“TFSB”) is a critical member of the Toyota Financial Services (TFS) group of companies providing consumer and commercial financial services to Toyota, Lexus and non-affiliated automobile dealer partners, and consumer financial services to dealer and Toyota team members in the United States. TFS companies are the partner of choice for in the mobility space.
TFSB is an FDIC insured Nevada thrift company, the only bank in the Toyota family of companies in the United States. TFSB is a rapidly growing bank offering a variety of deposit products, consumer home purchase and equity mortgages and other personal loans, and commercial lending products including real estate secured loans, working capital loans and lines of credit and vehicle inventory financing. TFSB team members are part of a global, world-changing mobility focused enterprise with an innovative, collaborative culture that values respect for people as a key pillar of our business.
To save time applying, Toyota does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas or any other work authorization for this position at this time.
Who we’re looking for
Toyota Financial Savings Bank is searching for a highly motivated, self-directed and experienced Senior Paralegal who will participate in building out the bank’s Legal Department.
The successful candidate will provide legal support in the areas of: corporate governance; contract reviews; licensing; managing service of process; legal research and writing; legislative tracking; responding to corporate due diligence requests; creating and maintaining legal process and procedure documentation, database, checklists and other tools for the legal team and the business; and general legal operations functions.
The successful candidate will report to the General Counsel and support both the General Counsel and Assistant General Counsel.
What you’ll be doing
- Assist with corporate governance, including maintenance of corporate records; preparation of secretary and other officer certificates; maintenance of board review matrix; helping with preparation and reviews of board minutes, logs and indices; coordinating preparation of resolutions and shareholder documentation with affiliate counterparts; responding to business requests for corporate documentation.
- Reviewing bills and new laws and regulations for relevance to TFSB business and strategy, and documenting analysis in tracking system.
- Supporting contract reviews; review of legal process and helping to coordinate responses; legal research and writing projects as assigned; creating and maintaining legal processes and procedures, tools and checklists.
- Organizing and coordinating licensing and other business filings with counterparts at affiliates; coordinating new licensing research with outside counsel and collecting and organizing information and documentation needed for new licensing; and management of service of process.
- Researching and responding to and coordinating responses to due diligence requests regarding regulatory, financial and affiliate reporting.
The following functions/accountabilities are essential for all jobs:
- Attention to detail and provide accurate data
- Work collaboratively with team members
- Meet regular performance expectations
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance to support team and business objectives.
- Capability to work flexible hours, which may include day, evening and weekend hours.
- Ability to be at work on time, to return from breaks and lunch periods on time and to leave the work area after the end of their scheduled workday (applicable to jobs subject to attendance policy)
What you bring
- Four-Year College Degree (BA or BS]
- 10+ years of relevant work experience (in similar field and/or industry]
- Paralegal Certificate
- -Exceptional organizational skills and orientation to detail.
What we’ll bring
During your interview process, our team can fill you in on all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect.
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement.
- Vehicle purchase & lease programs.
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family.
- Flexible work options based on business needs.
- Toyota 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, as well as an annual retirement contribution from Toyota regardless of whether you contribute
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Referral services related to prenatal services, adoption, childcare, schools, and more
- Tax-Advantaged Accounts (Health Savings Account, Health Care FSA, Dependent Care FSA)
- Relocation assistance (if applicable).
What you should know
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Have a question or need assistance with your application? Check out the How to Apply section of our careers page on Toyota.com
Belonging at Toyota
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. Respect for all is our North Star. Toyota is proud to have 10+ different Business Partnering Groups across 100 different North American chapter locations that support team members’ efforts to dream, do and grow without questioning that they belong.
As a company that has been one of DiversityInc’s Top 50 Companies for Diversity and a member of The Billion Dollar Roundtable supporting minority and woman-owned suppliers for over 10 years, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business.
Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Have a question or need assistance with your application? Please send an email to email@example.com.