Senior Network Manager
The Senior Network Manager is responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining the Seacoast network infrastructure to ensure high availability, reliability, scalability, and security. This position reports to SVP Infrastructure Services, managing a team of network engineers accountable for to build and maintain the enterprise network environment.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned leader with excellent problem-solving skills and extensive knowledge in network engineering, network security, data center and hybrid cloud technologies. Collaborating with cross-functional teams this position will develop and execute strategies that align with business goals, optimize network performance, and support network-based services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Architect and design the network infrastructure for data center and hybrid cloud-based solutions, considering scalability, redundancy, security, and performance requirements.
- Implement and support network components in hybrid cloud environments, such as virtual networks, subnets, routers, firewalls, load balancers, and VPN connections.
- Oversee and deliver network infrastructure projects through entire lifecycle including planning, design, implementation, ongoing support, and decommissioning.
- Engineer and maintain network security measures for hybrid cloud networks, including access controls, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and partnership with Information Security to ensure compliance with industry standards and best practices.
- Monitor and analyze network performance optimization for capacity and performance to improve reliability, throughput, and latency.
- Troubleshoot and resolve network-related issues in a timely manner, including root cause analysis.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including software developers, system administrators, and information security professionals, to ensure seamless integration and network services.
- Develop and maintain network diagrams, configurations, and documentation of network systems and processes.
- Pro-active identification of opportunities for improvement and propose innovative solutions.
- Perform all departmental administrative and personnel developmental activities in a timely fashion.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field. Relevant certifications (e.g., CCNA, CCNP, AWS Certified Network Specialty) are highly desirable.
- 10+ years of experience in network engineering or related roles, with a strong focus on data center and hybrid cloud network infrastructure design and implementation.
- 5+ years of leadership responsibility managing midsize to large teams, influencing senior-level management and stakeholders; banking services or other regulated industry preferred.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP, routing, switching, VLANs, VPNs, firewalls, load balancing, and DNS. Familiarity with SDN (Software-Defined Networking) and virtualization technologies is a plus.
- Proficiency in deploying and managing network services in public cloud environments, including cloud networking concepts, VPCs, security groups, and cloud-native load balancers. Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools (e.g., Terraform, CloudFormation) is beneficial.
- In-depth knowledge of network security principles and best practices, including access control, encryption, authentication, and secure network design. Familiarity with compliance standards (e.g., PCI-DSS, GDPR, HIPAA) a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities to identify and resolve complex network issues. Experience with network monitoring and analysis tools such as Solarwinds.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders. Proven ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, adapt to changing priorities, taking initiative to drive projects to completion. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)