Senior Network Engineer
MailchimpAtlanta, GA13 days ago
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
On the Network Operations team we support and maintain Mailchimp’s critical network infrastructure across multiple data centers, offices, and cloud environments. We work closely with Network Engineering, Network Security, and other Engineering and Operations teams to implement and support new, state-of-the-art network products and technologies that improve stability and enable the growth of Mailchimp.
The Senior Network Operations Engineer will be a part of this team working to build, maintain, and enhance our internal network infrastructure. This will involve providing support to our internal customers at Mailchimp while leading and contributing on projects that range from team initiatives to company-wide in scope and impact. Additionally the Senior Engineer is tasked with mentoring and leading our Network Engineer I, II, & III team members as they grow and develop their skills and careers. Through these tasks, we are a foundational contributor to Engineering while embodying Mailchimp’s core values of humility, creativity, and independence.
What you'll do here:
- Engage in ongoing research of emerging trends and new technologies with the goal of strategically implementing technology to enhance or solve project problems.
- Conduct in-depth technical reviews of new and existing IT systems in order to identify the appropriate mitigation strategies required to bring these systems into compliance with established policy and industry guidelines.
- Create project plans, design, and implement solutions.
- Manage service requests, incidents and problems submitted via our internal ticketing system.
- Participate in our Network on-call rotation providing network support after hours.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for network topology, equipment, and configurations for the data center and campus networks.
- Monitor network systems for issues or areas of improvement.
- Provide mentoring and technical leadership to engineers on the Network teams.
- Work cross functionally to solve complex issues with a passion for internal and external customer success
- Install, maintain, upgrade, and troubleshoot routers, gateways, and other networking infrastructure for local area and wide area networks (LAN/WAN), including Internet connectivity
- Drive solutions that improve resilience and reliability across the enterprise with intense focus on capability and contemporized designs and solutions
- Collaborate with Engineering, Security, and Network Architecture to align implementations and drives outcome through the eyes of customer success
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have extensive knowledge of data center, campus and WAN technologies (routing, switching, wireless, security)
- You have expert knowledge of Layer 2 and Layer3 technologies and protocols like Spanning Tree, Fabricpath, VXLAN, BGP, and OSPF
- You have experience leading large network projects supporting device refresh, upgrades and architectural overhauls.
- You're experienced in leading the engineering, implementation and maintenance of network infrastructure
- You have a strong background with Cisco switches, Cisco routers, and Cisco wireless technology platforms.
- You have the ability to build and improve upon documentation, policies, & procedures for our Network Team.
- You're experienced with providing technical leadership and mentorship to fellow team members.
- You have a proficient understanding and experience enforcing best practice concepts such as access-lists, vulnerability remediation, upgrades and role based access controls.
- You have experience with SolarWinds, Cisco ISE, ExtraHop, Palo Alto firewalls, and network automation a plus.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.