Senior Merchandising Manager
Mejuri is the category-defining fine jewelry brand redefining luxury, your way. Feeling disconnected from an industry that typically markets to men, co-founder and CEO Noura Sakkijha leveraged her learnings as a third-generation jeweler to rethink the way women purchase jewelry—for themselves. In only seven years, and with a team of over 75% women, Mejuri has shipped over one million orders and opened retail stores across the globe, all while introducing new products weekly.
As part of Noura’s original vision to empower women to invest in themselves, the brand launched the Empowerment Fund to support underrepresented women and non-binary individuals with the tools to empower themselves. Mejuri continues to reach new customers through exciting community initiatives and expansion into international markets, such as the UK, Australia and Germany.
We are a team of retailers, creatives, technologists and strategists, and we are looking for someone special to join our team.
Hi, I’m Lena, and I’m currently the Sr. Director of Merchandising at Mejuri, looking for a Senior Merchandising Manager to join our growing Merchandising team.
As a Senior Merchandising Manager, you will be responsible for driving category growth, productivity and gross margin, while being considered a product expert and advocate across the organization. It is a great time to join the team as we build a best-in-class product assortment, continue to refine and evolve Merchandising processes and get to work with diamonds on a daily basis!
What You'll Do:
- Manages & executes key, volume driving categories and is viewed across the organization as the category expert
- Lead the development of assortment plans, ensuring they meet financial and brand objectives and align with the topside product strategy that support innovation, growth, optimal style productivity, and margin-building programs
- Demonstrates a strong balance of product instincts & financial acumen
- Analyzes sales data and patterns market trends & competitive landscape to identify opportunities and risks for the assigned category
- Builds productive relationships at all levels, including working closely with cross-functional teams, including Design, Product Development, Planning & Marketing
- Presents analysis in in easy to understand formats, including Quarterly Product Strategy & Line Reviews to cross-functional teams
- Effectively adapts in times of change or adversity
- Relentlessly tenacious to finish projects even when faced with resistance & supervises others to do the same; know how & when to engage management to move initiatives forward
- Asks good questions & integrates complex or conflicting information to arrive at clear, timely decisions
- Responds positively to developmental feedback & seeks coaching & feedback to improve skills
- A master at managing up & driving team process with relentless initiative
- Manages at the individual contributor or small team level
Key Performance Indicators:
- For owned categories:
- Gross Margin
What You Bring To The Team:
- Personally driven, self starter, with an engaging, positive and can-do attitude
- Team work, collaboration, flexibility, adaptability and willing to pivot
- Independent, energetic and palatable passion
- Obsessed with our product
Benefits at Mejuri:
- A minimum of three weeks vacation, plus personal days and three religious observance days.
- A hybrid work model for all corporate roles.
- ‘Mejuri Passport’ which allows employees who meet specific criteria to work in other locations for one month per year.
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits, including mental health coverage, and generous personal and sick days for our full-time employees. We also offer bereavement leave, including miscarriage and stillbirth support.
- Parental leave salary top-up of up to 80%, as well as a personalized return-to-work transition and accommodation plan for full-time employees.
- Semi-annual performance reviews.
- Internal coaching department and learning and development to support career growth and plans for everyone.
- A generous product discount!
Please note that these benefits apply to full-time employees.
At Mejuri we embrace a hybrid working environment and support our corporate employees to be successful whether they are at home or in the office. The primary purpose of our offices is to drive collaboration and deepen relationships with one another.
Looking for the perfect next opportunity is a big decision. Mejuri recognizes the importance of pay transparency when it comes to salary ranges as it empowers individuals through the hiring process and supports them in making an informed decision. This role will be for our New York office, with a base salary of $ 105-156k per year based on a candidate’s experience and qualifications.
Along with our central mission and vision, we have guiding values that set the tone for where we’re heading and how we work together. These values are behaviors that form our shared beliefs and approach to how we wish to work together at Mejuri, regardless of role, level, and work location. Our 8 core values help drive our decision making when we are cross collaborating, redefining luxury, and creating a sense of commitment and inclusion to help shape our company culture.
Our values are:
- FIND A WAY | We break down problems into manageable steps, explore creative solutions daily, learn from failure, and adapt quickly
- RAISE THE BAR | We share constructive feedback openly, continuously improve personal and team performance, collaborate and challenge for better outcomes
- CUSTOMER OBSESSED | We actively listen to customer feedback, make decisions that impact customers positively, continuously refine product, service, or customer interactions
- EMPOWERED OWNERS | We proactively address cross team challenges, willingly tackle any task big or small, take initiative, and lead by example
- JUST DO IT | We make informed decision quickly, encourage experimentation and learning, encourage thoughtful risk taking, embrace change, and stay adaptable
- HUMILITY | We acknowledge team contributions before self, acknowledge and learn from mistakes, maintain an open and receptive mindset, and promote a respectful work environment
- CURIOSITY | We seek out new challenges daily, ask questions to understand deeply, reimagine and innovate to drive progress
- DRIVE RESULTS | set clear goals and prioritize tasks, focus on high impact activities daily, monitor progress through clear metrics, stay persistent and solution orientated
Accommodation / Accessibility:
Mejuri does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, ancestry, colour, place of origin, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, family status or marital status, or any other protected category recognized by provincial or federal laws.
Should you require any accommodation, please inform us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any accessibility-related assistance, requests for information in accessible alternative formats or to report any accessibility problems, please share in your application.