Senior Marketing Manager
National Public Media is a subsidiary of NPR, owned in partnership with PBS and WGBH, the largest producer in public television. As the corporate sponsorship sales team for all NPR network programs and platforms as well as NPR and PBS stations, National Public Media works with companies across a variety of categories and objectives to generate support for the public broadcasting system, while delivering breakthrough results for sponsors.
The Marketing team provides strategy and support to National Public Media’s sponsorship teams in a dynamic and demanding media environment while executing B2B marketing strategies to build awareness, understanding and consideration of NPR sponsorship in market. Led by the VP of Marketing, NPM Marketing collaborates with teams across the country to achieve ambitious revenue goals. We are a fast-paced team with vision, creative drive and collaborative spirits.
The Senior Marketing Manager, Sponsorship, supports a full suite of integrated marketing activity including communications, lead generation/CRM, sponsored events and product innovation.
The Senior Marketing Manager, Sponsorship, will be part of a collaborative team, working with NPM employees across the country to meet daily deadlines, while supporting the Marketing team’s ongoing goals and long-term projects. This position reports to NPM’s VP of Sponsorship Marketing
- Work closely with VP, Sponsorship Marketing and direct reports to own, inform and implement National Public Media’s go-to market earned, owned and paid media strategy, designed to raise awareness and consideration of NPR sponsorship opportunities among brands, agencies, reporters and industry thought leaders.
- Responsibility for planning, and activation of sponsored events, music, series and product innovation including contracting, co-branded material development, sponsor integration ideation, on-site activation, internal stakeholder messaging, client relationship management, event performance reports, etc.
- Oversee development of RFP responses and sales tools in response to sales team needs/requests.
- Work closely with VP of Sponsorship Marketing, and internal stakeholders to identify and build new packages and products to promote/monetize/evaluate opportunities in the influencer marketing and events spaces.
- Conduct industry research on experiential sponsorship best practices and provide briefings, updates, and intel to NPM Sales team on an ongoing basis via internal communication channels.
- Gather and analyze audience research via comScore, MRI, and Ipsos for a variety of NPR programs and platforms to help illustrate the qualities of the public media audience to Fortune 500 companies and other potential sponsors.
- Manage and support positioning and presentations on the National Public Media website, designed to serve as a robust resource for the sales team and tool for raising the overall visibility of sponsorship opportunities within the industry.
- Optimize efforts to refine audience profile positioning and further expand the narrative around NPR offerings and their relevance to Fortune 500 companies and other potential sponsors.
- Organize strategic-level meetings and projects, when appropriate, to provide valuable insights and ensure a clear understanding of new initiatives for NPR.
- Act as a key point-of-contact for SEM agency partner.
- Lead/oversee the tracking of marketing / promotional efforts and ROI through Salesforce and Pardot.
- Manage collection and coordination of performance data and analysis of ROI for search and paid advertising efforts.
- Work closely with Senior Marketing Manager, Operations & Design to develop/deploy case studies and thought leadership opportunities
- Oversee management and day-to-day planning/operation of the chatbot function on the NPM website.
- Stay abreast of trends in media, popular culture and marketing to inform NPM teams and efforts.
- Provide ongoing/hands-on support and direction to a team of 4-6 direct reports and interns within reporting structure.
- Monitor, manage and reconcile Marketing A&P budget.
EDUCATION / REQUIREMENTS:
- 8-10 years of related work experience in a media, publishing, entertainment environment (audio experience a plus!)
- 6-8 years of experience managing direct reports
- A BA or equivalent degree in Marketing, Communications, Media Management, etc.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively (written & verbally) and influence key stakeholders.
- A unique combination of experience, accomplishments and enthusiasm
Does this sound like you? If so, we want to hear from you. All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR mandates that employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law and any other applicable law.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NPR is committed to being an inclusive workplace that welcomes diverse and unique perspectives, all working toward the same goal – to create a more informed public. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, and reproductive health decisions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender status, gender non-conforming status, intersex status, sexual stereotypes, nationality, citizenship status, personal appearance, marital status, family status, family responsibilities, military status, veteran status, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, genetic characteristics of yourself or a family member, political views and affiliation, unemployment status, protective order status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.