Senior Manager, Tax Accounting
The Senior Tax Manager will engage in all activities related to income tax accounting for the company and related subsidiaries for annual and interim tax provision, including internal and external income tax related reporting requirements. The candidate should have a solid background in income tax accounting under ASC740. Strong communication and accounting skills are important in this position. This position will report to the Senior Director, Tax Accounting.
- Support the quarterly and annual tax provisions
- Prepare and review foreign income tax provisions and true-ups
- Research various issues in all areas of income tax accounting and keep up to date with pronouncements.
- Ensure SOX requirements are met within your areas of responsibility.
- Provide support for recurring complex tax projects and other special projects
- Understand the various internal financial systems in order to obtain information required to perform various tax provision calculations including HFM, SAP etc.
- Develop detailed supporting work papers to provide a solid audit trail to facilitate a timely and accurate completion of the year-end financial statement audit.
- Coordinate foreign tax compliance responsibilities with outside advisors and internal accounting/finance teams
- 7+ years of accounting/tax experience in a Big 4 public accounting firm and/or a Fortune 500 company
- Strong technical hands-on knowledge in application of ASC 740
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Outstanding analytical and quantitative skills
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Outstanding interpersonal/communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to work practically and effectively with multiple priorities
- Desire and ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field
- CPA a plus
- Master in Accounting/Taxation degree a plus
General Office Demands
Benefits & Company Statement
We believe you should be rewarded for the important work you do. For that reason, you’ll receive a competitive compensation and benefits package when you join our team.
It starts with you. That’s a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. By connecting and improving the business of healthcare, we’re helping to ensure that millions of patients get the treatment they need. And by choosing a career with McKesson Corporate, you’ll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives and advance healthcare.
At McKesson, we believe we can empower healthcare. And it all starts with you.
No agencies please.
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.