Senior Manager, Tax
This position will be responsible for a variety of tax issues including preparation/review of federal, state, and local tax returns and income tax provision. Opportunities will also exist for exposure to various other specialty areas including: corporate income and franchise taxes, credits and incentives, sales/use/withholding taxes and other special projects. This role will be involved in day-to-day projects within the Tax team and will have the opportunity to work with other functional groups, including finance, human resources, legal, R&D and IT, as well as external advisors.
Responsibilities for this position will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Preparation/review of federal/state/local income tax returns; including:
- reconciling book to tax differences;
- preparing state and local apportionment and state adjustment schedules; and
- preparing and maintaining tax attribute schedules;
- Preparation/review of federal and state income tax estimates and extensions;
- Supervising information gathering for tax provisions and tax returns;
- Preparation/review of quarterly and annual income tax provision, including:
- current calculation;
- maintaining deferred tax balances, uncertain tax positions, and TARF; and
- other related schedules/memo and disclosures;
- Preparation of tax account forecasts and monthly accruals;
- Assist with research and supervision of responses to notices regarding federal, state, and local tax issues;
- Providing support and/or manage IRS and state income/franchise tax audits;
- Providing assistance with technical research on various tax issues;
- Maintaining proper audit and compliance documentation;
- Assist in the establishment of and ensures adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements;
- Assist in developing and mentoring other members of the Tax team; and
- Assisting in ad hoc/special projects (e.g. Section 382 study, credit study, etc) as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Highly organized with great attention to detail.
- Self-starter, with an ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task and handle a variety of tax assignments in a fast-paced environment including being flexible to geographic time zones.
- Ability to prioritize tasks appropriately, meet deadlines, execute with accuracy and recognize when issues need escalation. Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and analytical skills.
- Proficient in Excel, including pivot table and vlookup.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands.
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Seven to nine years of recent experience in US corporate income tax with a combination of Big Four and multinational corporate tax department. Experience with ASC 740 is required. Preference will be given to candidates with Big 4 experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business, or an equivalent combination of education and practical experience.
- CPA preferred.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.