Senior Manager, Supply Chain Logistics
Sony Corporation of America (SCA), the US headquarters of Sony, has an excellent opportunity for a Senior Manager Supply Chain Logistics who will support the launch of a new business incubated within SCA. This role provides a unique opportunity to establish and drive external stakeholder engagements required to expand operations and service delivery in the US.
- Lead partnerships with internal Business, Deployment and Customer Operations teams to establish and implement market level demand planning and logistics strategies taking accountability for results.
- Partner with internal stakeholders and Business Systems team to identify, document and implement all required supply chain system requirements.
- Develop and implement third party partnerships to enable forward and reverse logistics strategies for all materials required to service customers.
- Skillfully coordinate and influence critical Supply Chain activities with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of the org structure delegating and managing without direct authority to achieve stated objectives according to planned timelines.
- Prepare and deliver regular progress-to-plan reporting and analysis to senior leadership with recommendations for any modifications necessary to achieve stated objectives.
- Coordinate across other Sony business units on technical and process collaborations needed to best enable a “One Sony” experience
- Perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION
Your qualifications and experience should include:
- 8-10 years in the US operational industry role (telecommunications, logistics, construction)
- Proven ability to lead diverse cross-functional teams across multiple time zones and high-pressure situations with and without formal management authority.
- Demonstrated ability to launch new businesses, from business design to first new customer served
- Demonstrated ability to collaboratively design and implement scalable logistics approaches (forward /reverse) for new products and services within a large company environment, working at a start-up pace
- Passion for enabling world-class customer experiences
- Proven low ego, team-first mentality and approach to work
- Adaptability to changing requirements and the ability to be deeply creative while providing operational rigor a must
- Experience working with operational teams in Japan. Japanese speaking a plus
In addition to competitive pay and benefits, we offer an environment and culture that promotes Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We are committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for you to thrive as part of Sony’s purpose to “fill the world with emotion through the power of creativity and technology”.
SCA offers benefits-eligible employees (generally regular employees scheduled to work 20 or more hours a week) a comprehensive benefits program that offers coverage and support for employees and their family’s physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
What we offer you:
- Comprehensive medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage with coverage for spouses/domestic partners and child dependents, including access to a Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee assistance plan and comprehensive behavioral health benefits
- Fertility benefits, including surrogacy, and adoption assistance programs
- Basic and supplemental life insurance for employees as well as supplemental life insurance coverage for their spouses/domestic partners and children
- Voluntary benefits such as group legal, identity theft protection, accident, and hospital indemnity insurance
- Short-term & long-term disability plans
- Paid parental and caregiver leave
- 401(k) Plan with pre-tax, Roth, and after-tax options and company match which vests immediately
- Education assistance and student loan programs
- Time off to include vacation, paid holidays, sick leave, Summer Fridays (early release), and a winter break between Christmas and New Year’s Day (based on business needs)
- Referral bonuses (subject to eligibility)
- Matching gift program
- A wide variety of employee business resource groups (EBRGs)
- Special discounts on Sony products, offered exclusively to Sony employees
- Employee stock purchase plan (Sony covers commissions and fees for your Sony stock purchases made through after-tax payroll deductions)
- Annual incentive bonus
The anticipated annual base salary for this position is $145,000 to $155,000. This range does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, military status, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or family status, genetic information, medical condition, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation.
Disability Accommodation for Applicants to Sony Corporation of America
Sony Corporation of America provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. For reasonable accommodation requests, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by mail to: Sony Corporation of America, Human Resources Department, 25 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10010. Please indicate the position you are applying for.
- EEO is the Law
- EEO is the Law Supplement
- Right to Work (English/Spanish)
- E-Verify Participation (English/Spanish)
While SCA does not require employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, there are certain Sony offices that require employees to be vaccinated in order to enter. If you will be located at or travel to those offices, you will be required to be fully vaccinated to enter. The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccination status or any indication of a possible request for a vaccination accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.