Senior Manager, Sales
We are seeking a Senior Manager, Sales for the New York Office. This role handles advertising sales for Sony Pictures Network, SPN. Her/his primary focus is on mainstream advertisers with medium to big budgets and yearly deals. Additionally, this role assists with marketing and branding initiatives, strategy and implementation of ground events and negotiations with clients. Responsibilities also include handling insertion orders and writing release orders, managing tapes, making schedules, coordinating with playout, handling shipping, assisting in making invoices and collections, etc.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Track own sales achievement vs. plan on monthly and quarterly basis, and deploy action-plans to exceed the sales plan target for the year
- Approach new and prospective clients/ agencies and deliver sales pitch in order to influence the clients and secure the sale
- Drive strategy for incremental ad. revenue streams
- Provide appropriate support to the Sales Head in framing business pitch for large deals with clients
- Coordinate seamlessly with all internal stakeholders to drive higher revenues for the channel and escalate in case of any issues
- Liaise seamlessly with the Sales Coordination team to ensure high level of serviceability to the clients; take appropriate steps in case of any issue to ensure highest level of client satisfaction
- Participate in the annual sales planning process providing relevant data, insights, forecasts, etc.
- Review the prioritized objectives for the region and channel, draft action plans and identify ways to achieve the laid down target
- Provide local market intelligence and help the Sales Head in drafting plans to ensure a unified action to deal with any anticipated changes
- Study the content plan for the year and identify ways to enhance monetization
- Maintain and leverage relationships with clients/ agencies in order to secure market intelligence
- Drive client retention by networking with clients frequently to understand their business requirements and expectations from the channel
- Reach out to new and prospective clients and position the channel favorably in order to secure business for the Network
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- 7-10 Years of Sales experience
- Self-starter and a resourceful individual
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook & Powerpoint
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Sharp business sense: Resourceful, innovative and responsive to change
- Enthusiasm for the industry and the business coupled with a “can-do” attitude
- Make decisions in a timely and effective manner
NICE TO HAVE:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Fluent in Hindi is a plus
HOW WE TAKE CARE OF YOU:
- Competitive salary, with annual bonus eligibility.
- A choice of comprehensive health plan options that fit your lifestyle.
- Immediate matching and vesting for your 401k plan.
- A wide array of innovative employee benefits to support you (and your family), including Student Loan Assistance, Identity Theft Protection and access to discounted Pet Insurance.
- Rest and recharge during a week off during the winter holidays, in addition to holidays, personal days and vacation time.
- Participate in extensive learning & development opportunities at all levels, including curated instructor-led classes and high impact online resources.
- Build your community by joining our Employee Volunteer Program, Employee Business Resource Groups, and/or Sony Pictures Action – our racial equity and inclusion strategy.
- Access to an employee online store filled with a variety of discounted Sony products.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, all U.S. non-union and O.P.E.I.U. Local 174 applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.