Senior Manager, People Operations
HeadspaceSanta Monica, CA - Remote17 days ago
About the Senior Manager, People Operations at Headspace:
As the Senior Manager, People Operations - you will be hands-on, and able to flex from strategic to tactical work while being a thoughtful leader that provides coaching, support, and development to generalists within the People Ops Team, and with key stakeholders throughout the organization. In this role, your focus areas will include the design and implementation of HR policies & procedures, the onboarding and offboarding experience, core HR/Org compliance requirements, HR Systems, Immigration/Relocation, Leaves of Absence, geographic expansion, HR compliance training, and change management.
Reporting to the Senior Director, People Operations & Places - this role will help ensure that Headspace’s People Operations function is innovative, strategic, objective and data-centric. This role’s scope will focus on the most critical components of supporting Headspace employees throughout the employee lifecycle. You will be responsible for leveraging HR data and analytics that allow us to ensure we’re making the best people decisions while moving at speed.
Our team is dedicated to making the People function a key driver in smarter operational decision-making and the number one allies in fostering happy and healthy teams.
Location: This role is open to remote employees in select US states: California, New York, Florida, Georgia, Texas, Maryland + Washington DC, North Carolina and Washington.
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace:
- Own the delivery and effectiveness of several core HR processes and responsibilities across employee life-cycle activities such as policy management & training, LOAs, immigration & relocation.
- Proactively and thoughtfully address workplace and employee operations issues on an individual and systematic basis
- Develop and maintain internal communication strategies for People Ops programs and announcements; Oversee and enhance inbound People Ops requests and employee self-service resources
- Design a variety of resources ranging from online materials to standard operating procedures. Tailor existing SOPs to meet business-specific needs
- Ensure ongoing compliance with relevant regulations and requirements pertaining to minimize risk and exposure to the company
- Collaborate with team members and across functions to develop, document, and implement new programs, processes, events, and initiatives
- Analyze data and offer insight into the company and team-specific programs and policies and recommend solutions to achieve team goals and objectives
- Help create standardized metrics and evaluation processes across HR programs to ensure a data-driven approach when evaluating and addressing needs
- Supporting our team’s efforts in COVID compliance and return-to-work efforts; Act as a key stakeholder in Headspace’s RTO and ‘Workplace of the Future’ initiatives
- Ensure materials are up-to-date and relevant to provide a seamless experience for employees
What you’ve accomplished:
- Deep, comprehensive & detail-oriented experience in a related field as an HR (Operations) Manager
- Strong HR functional expertise; knowledgeable on employment law matters, immigration, and compliance & policy management
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills while exercising sound judgment
- Experience with HR technology management and implementation, with a data and insights-driven approach
- Passionate about Headspace, and providing an extraordinary experience for employees at all levels
- Confident in recommending projects or programs needed for achieving functional goals; implementing processes to ensure high-quality, impactful results for the end-user.
- Identifies and proposes strategies around technical problems affecting the team, communicates standards, and gets buy-in on solutions.
- Makes others better through work reviews, thorough documentation, area of expertise guidance, mentoring, and inspirational leadership.
- Prior experience building scalable operational support infrastructure
- International HR best practices (particularly in Europe) is a plus
How we feel about Diversity & Inclusion:
Headspace is committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Headspace. Please inform our Talent team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
How to get started:
If you’re excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at Headspace, please apply with your CV and a cover letter that best expresses your interest and unique qualifications.