Senior Manager Payroll
DXC TechnologyPA, USA16 days ago
Essential Job Functions
- Oversees the preparation of financial and management reports that summarize and forecast business unit activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on current and expected operations.
- Works in conjunction with management on budgeting. Evaluates business opportunities. Identifies and implements cost-based initiatives.
- Leverages technology to develop and implement financial control and processes. Applies various financial desktop tools to support financial analysis.
- Reviews organizational financial status and progress. Interacts with operating management team to provide expertise.
- Educates team members on financial and shareholder concepts and tools to improve financial management decision-making.
- Oversees financial and cost accounting, recording and reporting, leases and capital accounting to ensure conformance to established guidelines.
- Identifies, monitors, and reports incidences of capital expenditures, financial implications of project variances, instances of program amendments, and agreements for additional services. Manages internal and external revenue and systems audits.
- Manages preparation of budgets. Reviews budget proposals. Prepares documentation for justification. Determines depreciation rates to apply to capital assets.
- Provides expertise to management on protection against property losses, liabilities, and operational adjustments due to tax code revisions.
- Selects and hires employees. Trains and evaluates employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product. Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions. Motivates and rewards employees including providing salary increases, bonuses and promotions within allocated budgets and company guidelines.
- Prepares, recommends and oversees development of operating and personnel budgets. Monitors spending for adherence to budget plans, develops and recommends variances. Performs and/or oversees budget analysis.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Master's degree in business administration, finance, accounting or related field preferred
- Twelve or more years of finance or accounting experience
- Eight or more years of leadership or supervisory experience
- Experience working with accounting principles and accounting software and databases
- Experience working with financial analysis
- Strong communication skills
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Strong human relations skills to select, develop, mentor, discipline and reward employees
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Office environment
DXC Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability (physical or mental), protected veteran status or military service of affiliation, race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, protected genetic information, or political affiliation. DXC's commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal consideration for employment. EEO is the Law Poster.
If you are an individual with a disability, a disabled veteran, or a wounded warrior and you are unable or limited in your ability to access or use this site as a result of your disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting us via email. Please note: DXC will respond only to requests for accommodations due to a disability.