Robotics & Digital Solutions, part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting for Senior Manager, Operations Program Management, located ideally Redwood City, CA. Other United States J&J locations may be considered.
Robotics & Digital Solutions is part of Ethicon, Inc., a global leader in surgery with products and solutions found in almost every operating room around the world. Ethicon has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 100 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including robotics, digital solutions, sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com
As Sr. Program Manager, this individual will be responsible for leading the Supply Chain team for New Product Introduction efforts as well as strategic Lifecycle Management initiatives and LCM portfolio management. He/ she will facilitate the NPI planning, transfer and operations efforts and strategies that best support our customers. Data driven, s/he will work closely with R&D, Commercial, Quality and Supply Chain to develop strategies to achieve business objectives, and provide governance through effective prioritization and allocation of resources to achieve strategic goals. Reporting to the Director of Operations Program Management, this person will lead and coordinate activities across operations functions including manufacturing, supply chain, procurement, materials, service, and quality to ensure on time launches with robust supply and driving supply reliability for launched products. In addition, this person will partner closely with commercial teams such as marketing, customer training and R&D to represent the Operations team on New Product launch teams.
- Demonstrate Credo based leadership
- Develop manufacturing strategy for product launch, assemble team and lead all aspects of development/execution of operations project plan through hand-off to the manufacturing site.
- Lead Supply Chain Readiness activities for New Product launches and line extensions.
- Lead and run major capital or I&A projects across the Supply Chain.
- Leads day to day program activities, overall project resourcing and project budget spending.
- Manage the cross-functional project team across all supply chain functions to ensure execution is aligned with the overall business objectives
- Must be results-oriented! Demonstrating strong facilitator and influencing skills and be able to drive a team towards a final decision in an environment with high levels of ambiguity, complexity, and risk. Working across functional boundaries, aligning with partners on a roadmap for change, and interacting with all levels in the organization.
- Build strong teams and mentor team members
- Support Commercial and Service team during new product roll-out and ramp up
- Collaborate with R&D to maintain agility of new product introductions while aligned to the long term supply chain strategy
- Support development of project business cases and appropriate prioritization of activities and projects for the product lifecycle
- Develop and roll out processes related to integrating supply chain concepts to the overall new product development and product lifecycle process
Experience And Skills:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required. A degree in engineering, supply chain or related areas is preferred; Masters of Business Administration (MBA) degree or Masters is helpful.
- A minimum of 8 years experience in supply chain functions and/or the development of complex systems is required.
- Experience working in the healthcare industry with medical devices is required.
- Experience in new product introductions, launches or technical transfers is required.
- Ability to develop people, manage technology, embrace financial goals and utilize customer-focused decision making is required.
- Change management, influence skills, and the ability to work effectively and drive alignment in a complex environment through strong communication is required.
- Travel may be required: 25%, internationally and domestically
- A minimum of 3+ years of program management or project leadership experience is highly preferred.
- Experience in building business strategies, capital project management and driving strategy implementation is highly preferred.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams is highly preferred.
- Six Sigma/Process Excellence, Project Management certifications are highly preferred.
- Strong financial acumen to run Cost Reduction projects, Should Cost Models, as well as Make vs. Buy decision making is highly preferred.
- Experience with Capital Manufacturing and product technology is preferred.
- Excellent knowledge in Quality system, QSIT and FDA guidelines, 13485, 14971 and relevant guidance preferred
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.