Senior Manager of Sales Coordination
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small businesses. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaigns, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Mailchimp Sales team is the first point of human contact for prospective customers learning how Mailchimp adds value to their business. The team works with businesses ranging from completely new to digital marketing to those switching from other providers and looking to optimize. The Sales team is tasked with guiding conversations with prospective customers around the ROI of our platform offerings with features, integrations, pricing, and security, compared to competing marketing platforms. Through speedy relationship and trust building, the team encourages accelerated feature adoption leading to enhanced value from our platform. Our team's guidance sets businesses up for success before their first touch point with Product Support.
We’re looking for a Senior Manager of Sales Coordination to lead the team supporting and building sales processes, operations and strategy to help achieve company goals. In this role you will be responsible for developing your team professionally and personally. You will pivot quickly through changing priorities and interact with a variety of stakeholders. Reporting to the Director of Sales, you will interface directly with Sales Leadership and also collaborate cross functionally with Marketing, Product, Customer and Sales Operations to ensure their teams are equipped to diagnose business performance, take action to exceed target, compete in market, and deliver memorable customer experiences.
If you’re an experienced sales leader who is passionate about helping businesses grow, touting the benefits of smart marketing, and thrive on connections over the phone, in person, and via email with marketers, business leaders, and agencies, we’d love to hear from you.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of consultative sales experience in a technology environment selling complex solutions and/or SaaS offerings to businesses.
- Strong experience leading Sales teams and/or Sales Ops teams with a preference towards that experience leading teams with both sell-to and sell-through priorities
- Demonstrated ability to set goals, gain shared vision, negotiate resolutions, meet commitments and garner respect from other team members.
- Experience with Salesforce as a CRM, forecasting, reporting and pipeline management tool
- Ability to partner internally to gain commitments, collaborate for channel needs and present to senior level executives. Ability to work across a matrix organization is a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Understanding of sales performance metrics with strong experience in sales analytics, specifically in monitoring and managing a pipeline and team effectiveness.
- Displayable change management success.
- Outbound Sales and High Value (Mid-Market to Enterprise) Sales experience
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- A team player with high level of dedication
- Ability to work under strict deadlines
- Certification in Marketing, Sales or relevant field is a plus
- Industry experience desired, but not mandatory
- Manage, develop and grow a team of full time and contract employees with various roles in sales coordination and lead management
- Partner with Sales Operations to build, develop and deliver custom sales reports and scorecards to sales teams and sales leaders
- Maintain and organize sales reports, track sales quotas and goals, ensuring sales targets are met and reporting any deviations
- Ensure pipeline management accuracy including sales stages and statuses for all sales teams
- Identify past due customers in pipeline and escalate appropriately
- Project manage large deals and verifying customer order accuracy by collaborating with deal desk team and Sr Leadership
- Work directly with individual team members to complete customer profiles for high value prospects and leverage the data to build more accurate prospect personas and responding to customer escalations when necessary
- Analyzing customer shopping data to optimize sales efforts and better identify potential customers
- Develop, test, and manage creative strategies to attract customers on behalf of the Sales team, in partnership with marketing and sales ops
- Coordinate headcount needs and New hire onboarding
- Setup and manage sales cadences and coordinate with operations to ensure best in class outreach SLAs
- Curate and organize Sales team resources and partner with Education Team and operations on the right technology and training approach
- Collaborate and influence broadly including marketing, operations, and finance to optimize sales campaigns
- Develop strategies to communicate important feedback from customers to other internal teams and collaborators
- Experience managing vendors, and/or manage vendor relationships.
- Drive Sales tests leveraging innovation practices including scoping and roll out of new sales processes and technology
- Stay up-to-date with new products, features, and marketing campaigns