Senior Manager of Merchandising
WHY JOIN ALO?
Mindful movement. It’s at the core of why we do what we do at Alo—it’s our calling. Because mindful movement in the studio leads to better living. It changes who yogis are off the mat, making their lives and their communities better. That’s the real meaning of studio-to-street: taking the consciousness from practice on the mat and putting it into practice in life.
We are so inspired by the people we surround ourselves with and we aspire to have the same be true for them. That’s why we work to make the Alo culture authentic to a yoga lifestyle —Our office is located in the heart of Beverly Hills in close proximity to shops and restaurants. Our building was designed by world-renown architect I.M. Pei — there’s plenty of natural light, open space with a co-working vibe, an in-building gym, calming yoga and meditation studio and an indoor tree spanning 3 floors.
This position is dedicated to assisting in the growth of the international Franchise business and will support the procurement of seasonable assortments by the franchise partners. This role will interact with Franchisees and the cross functional product teams (Merchandising, Planning & Allocation, Sourcing, Product Integrity and Logistics) to ensure that deadlines and milestones are met in a timely manner and are well executed.
- Coordinate with Merchandising for the presentation of seasonal collections to Franchisees and ensure appropriate tools are shared with Franchisees to complete buys by deadlines.
- Host in person markets held at ALO HQ with respective Franchisees.
- Share seasonal product calendar updates with Franchisees to prepare buy plans.
- Collaborate with Planning and Allocation teams to provide guidance to Franchisees on seasonal and core assortment, OTB budgets, seasonality adjustments and product flow to the retail floor.
- Ensure Franchisee orders are processed and confirmed through ALO’s system (FDM4) and accurately reflected at the factory level.
- Coordinate with Sourcing & Logistics to manage communication to Franchisee on shipments consolidated through the HK 3PL as well as shipment from USA Warehouses (Apparel & Beauty Products)
- Coordinate creation of Commercial Invoices and sales orders for all Franchisee orders to ensure documentation is prepared in accordance with Franchisee contracts in advance of shipment releases
- Provide additional specific label requirement for new franchisees to ensure the Product Integrity team is alerted in advance for future production (A minimum of 2 season lead-time needed to execute labels correctly).
- Manage expectations with Franchisees on product labeling (both care/content label and hangtags).
- Work with Planning & Franchisees to forecast future international store openings to forecast seasonal buys by Franchisee.
- Vet international Franchisee historical bookings on a seasonal basis to cross-reference with future product demand from the territory.
- Oversee new franchisee onboarding
- Manage share out of SOP’s and updates with Franchisees.
- Brainstorm and troubleshoot with cross-functional teams to identify efficient systems and processes to ensure timely flow of information with supply chain to all international Franchisees.