Senior Manager of Global Communications
What we offer
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from.
You will be a critical player and strategic advisor in defining the messages delivered by senior executives in SAP Concur’s Distribution organization, including but not limited to the Americas region. This includes the managements of various communications channels for internal and external communications including employee communications (email, live events, team meetings, videos, content-sharing platforms), customer engagement, keynotes, blogs/articles/emails, videos, social media, and PR. In this role, you will work for the Director of Global Communications and directly support the General Manager of the Americas regions and other leaders within the Global Distribution organization. You will help them extend their reach by building and executing against a communications plan that amplifies the mission and vision of SAP Concur’s Global Distribution organization in a way that aligns to our greater, global business strategy. This involves forging strong relationships with communications stakeholders across the company, working in lock-step to tell SAP Concur Global Distribution’s narrative. This is a great opportunity to work in a high-profile area while making a difference in the way we build trust across employees and customers!
Your responsibilities will include defining and implementing our internal and external executive communications strategy and framework, aligning to our business objectives. Major components of the role include defining key messages, creating internal and external speaking opportunities, and developing compelling content that resonates with employees, customers, partners, and business stakeholders. You will provide leadership and guidance to define what vehicles are most appropriate to ensure successful execution and landing of all SAP Concur Global Distribution’s communications and messaging across the Americas regions and beyond. You will be responsible for developing and driving executive communications at internal, customer, and industry events. You will provide thought leadership on how to identify and leverage executive opportunities to further build and support the SAP Concur Distribution story and brand recognition. This role will closely align with other members of the SAP Concur Global Distribution leadership team who focus on pushing forward its global vision and system for success across Distribution. The ability to work on a diverse team, is an essential element for this role.
Additional Responsibilities For This Role Include
- Developing executive presentations from inception to finished product.
- Defining ways for Distribution leadership to communicate to employees most effectively, in a way that promotes strong business outcomes.
- Scale the voices of Distribution leadership to extend further - to both internal and external audiences.
- Coordinating with experts to deliver employee and customer-focused material and presentations at key internal and external events.
- Extending our thought leadership platform to amplify our voice.
- Developing, updating and delivering the overall executive communications strategy.
- Defining goals and metrics for the successful execution of the communication strategy.
- Writing and copyediting on internal, team-wide communications.
- Fact checking and detailed proof-reading on various communications.
- Project managing key internal and external communications initiatives.
- Reviewing and supporting video and podcast production activities.
- Partnership with internal comms leads across the company.
- 8+ years' minimum experience in Corporate Communications or related field
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Writing, English, Technical Communication, Rhetoric, Public Relations, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required
- The ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders and to work effectively with multiple stakeholders is critical in this role.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate complex issues are essential.
- Success in this position requires strong communications skills, and the ability to lead and influence others.
- High level of executive maturity and experience working with leadership.
- Proven ability to produce high quality written communications and presentations under tight timelines and be able to work under pressure to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience using Microsoft products such as SharePoint, SharePoint Online, and strong PowerPoint skills for executive and customer consumption.
- Agile spirit working on a fast-paced and ever-evolving security environment.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and agility to learn new skillsets while delivering.
- Solid track record of delivering through teamwork, influencing without authority, and resolving conflict.
- Ability to balance hours multiple time zones.
- Travel required: 0-15%