HOW YOU'LL HELP US KEEP CLIMBING (OVERVIEW & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES)
Delta Corporate Communications is looking for a highly organized, passionate and experienced communications professional to manage integrated communications plans and execution of media relations tactics. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of working across a business to deliver cohesive communications programs with specific focus on earned media. They will have a mastery of project management along with a balance of strong strategic communications skills, creativity and tactical execution. As the quarterback of multiple ongoing and upcoming communications plans, this Sr. Manager will manage and coordinate communications details against the backdrop of a broader event objective. They will build, manage and execute plans for internal and external activations, that deepen engagement with the brand for employees and customers.
Reporting to the General Manager of Media Relations and Brand Reputation, this person will build relationships across every division in Delta to ensure corporate awareness and consistency of messaging. The successful candidate will be a team player who collaborates well with others and has a proven track record of driving results from stakeholders outside their immediate team. They will have a passion for building communications programs, creating messaging frameworks and developing meaningful stories while keeping people on pace to meet event goals that ultimately to lead to the success of each project. The successful candidate will have a track record for being inclusive, while gaining perspective to drive consensus. They will be responsible for the development and stewardship of the integrated efforts including internal education/activations.
- Builds, leads and tracks integrated communications plans
- Engages with news outlets, reporters and influencers to elevate Delta’s brand perception
- Organizes and leads development of event talking points, themes, releases,
- Coordinate with other Delta stakeholders to inform and integrate external communications efforts into each event’s broader strategy
- Liaise with agency partners on deliverables
- 10-15% domestic travel may be required.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS)
- Must love and have a proven track record with media relations and engaging daily with earned media reporters, producers and editors
- Embraces diverse people, thinking and styles
- A natural, proven collaborator with expertise for connecting the dots in a widespread, fast-paced environment.
- Strong skills in project management, communications plan building, strategic planning, agency management, agency briefing, internal stakeholder management
- Proven excellence in written and oral communication
- Demonstrated strategic/critical thinking and planning
- Executive presence and ability to successfully maneuver within a large corporate environment.
- High degree of initiative and the ability manage multiple tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines as required
- Must possess strong leadership skills and the ability to engage and present to senior leadership at any given time.
- Must be able to lead and work both independently and collaboratively, excelling in a cross-functional environment.
- Must thrive working in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple communications plans priorities at any given time.
- Expert skills in Microsoft Teams, PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Must be flexible in dealing with changing priorities
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority. Embraces diverse people, thinking and styles
- Minimum of 6-8 years of relevant experience
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU A COMPETITIVE EDGE (PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS)
- Experience working on large complex sponsorship with internal and external components
- Working knowledge of Delta divisions (frontline & commercial) and engagement tactics
- Collaborative team player who excels at building relationships
- Self-starter, half-glass-full outlook that anticipates future needs, outcomes and situations.
- Experience with proactive interfacing across separate working teams including senior leaders.
- Eight years of experience in corporate communications, internal communications or similar professional communicator experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications/journalism or a minimum of 6-8 years of relevant experience