Senior Manager, Logistics
The Senior Manager of Logistics manages the company’s omni-channel logistics operations, with a focus on the transportation and flow of products and materials. This role is responsible for contributing to and executing logistics strategies and plans, and proactively addressing risks and opportunities.
The Senior Manager ensures that logistics initiatives are delivered, KPIs are met, and contributes to a strong culture of collaboration, accountability, and continuous improvement. The Senior Manager plays a key role developing cost-effective and reliable logistics solutions for inbound products and materials, outbound customer shipments, and replenishment to our retail stores. This includes developing and managing a network of global carrier partners, and driving an agenda of cost and service improvement. In addition, the Senior Manager will partner cross-functionally to optimize and integrate logistics processes to achieve broader corporate objectives. The Senior Manager will underpin these efforts by optimizing current logistics processes and implementing strong carrier performance management systems.
What you'll do:
- Oversee smooth daily execution of shipments to and from the Fulfillment Centre
- Develop & oversee KPIs for Logistics team
- Continuously improves internal logistics processes and ways of working
- Implement robust cost and performance management and optimization processes
- Manage and develop a global network of carrier partners
- Ensure compliance with all customs, insurance and product security policies
- Oversees and leads negotiation with vendors including carriers for existing lanes and new lane introductions.
- Ensure timely, compliant and cost-effective customs clearance of goods, and recouping of applicable duties.
- Owns the duty drawback process
- Partners with Retail and Marketing to develop and test omni-channel logistics solutions
- Building, coaching, developing and inspiring a high-performing logistics team
What you bring to the team:
- 5 plus years experience in an enterprise-wide logistics leadership role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or related field.
- Has applied experience in transportation and logistics, preferably within the small parcel and courier sectors.
- Experience with cross-border logistics
- Has strong operational planning and performance management capabilities.
- Consistently demonstrated thought leadership in previous roles, and brings novel ideas and solutions to functional and corporate problems and opportunities.
- Proven experience working cross functionally on complex problems
- Experience of operating in ERP and WMS environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Results driven: ability to take steps personally to ensure that mutual goals and performance target are met within the appropriate time frame
Benefits at Mejuri:
- A minimum of three weeks vacation, plus personal days and three religious observance days.
- A hybrid work model for all corporate roles.
- ‘Mejuri Passport’ which allows employees who meet specific criteria to work in other locations for one month per year.
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits, including mental health coverage, and generous personal and sick days for our full-time employees. We also offer bereavement leave, including miscarriage and stillbirth support.
- Parental leave salary top-up of up to 80%, as well as a personalized return-to-work transition and accommodation plan for full-time employees.
- Semi-annual performance reviews.
- Internal coaching department and learning and development to support career growth and plans for everyone.
- A generous product discount!
Please note that these benefits apply to full-time employees.
At Mejuri we embrace a hybrid working environment and support our corporate employees to be successful whether they are at home or in the office. The primary purpose of our offices is to drive collaboration and deepen relationships with one another.
Accommodation / Accessibility:
Mejuri does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, ancestry, colour, place of origin, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, family status or marital status, or any other protected category recognized by provincial or federal laws.
Should you require any accommodation, please inform us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any accessibility-related assistance, requests for information in accessible alternative formats or to report any accessibility problems, please share in your application.