Senior Manager, Labor Relations
As Associate Director of Labor Relations you will provide Labor Relations leadership and support for Manufacturing facilities across categories within Kellogg North America (KNA) Supply Chain. This position is responsible for bargaining or second chair in collective bargaining for multiple manufacturing facilities which vary in size from 125 to over 600 employees, working with five (5) different unions. Reporting to the head of the Labor Relations function, this role represents the Kellogg Company business values while building appropriate relationships with plant leadership teams and Union Representatives.
Kellogg is progressing toward unleashing our full potential by the end of 2023. After this portfolio transformation journey is complete, this role will support Kellanova, a leading company in global snacking, international cereal and noodles, plant-based foods, and North America frozen breakfast. Learn more about our bold next steps at UnleashingOurPotential.com.
HERE’S A TASTE OF WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Directly support all manufacturing Labor and Positive Employees Relations activities
- Supports the plant HR and operations teams on day-to-day labor and employee relations issues.
- First or second chair in contract negotiations. Independently leads contract negotiation preparation and execution including development of costing models within establish strategy and economic parameters in multiple US manufacturing sites.
- Assists in the training and development of the plant Human Resources Representatives, Plant Managers and Senior Leadership Teams in the area of Labor Relations and positive employee relations.
- Keeps abreast of industry and national trends in labor relations and supply chain. Helps ensure a competitive cost environment and operational efficiencies within KNA manufacturing.
YOUR RECIPE FOR SUCCESS
- Minimum of 3-5 years of practical experience in labor relations. If no degree, minimum 5 years’ experience needed in complex labor relations situations.
- An agile learner able to identify both strategic and practical solutions.
- Analytical skills, demonstrated good oral and written communication skills, ability to effectively multi-task and demonstration of good follow-up and results oriented skills.
- Possession of leadership skills to motivate peers and synergize activities of key internal and external departments and organizations.
- Project management skills and techniques
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Computer systems knowledge including SAP, Excel, Word and PowerPoint required.
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
After you apply, your application will be reviewed by a real recruiter – not a bot. This means it could take us a little while to get back with you so watch your inbox for updates. In the meantime, visit our How We Hire page to get insights into our hiring process and how to best prepare for a Kellogg interview.
If we can help you with a reasonable accommodation throughout the application or hiring process, please email USA.Recruitment@kellogg.com.
Kellogg Company is a multibillion-dollar company with over 30 thousand employees all over the globe. We are proud to make delicious foods that people love – foods that you grew up with like Frosted Flakes, Cheez It, Eggo, Pop-Tarts, Crunchy Nut, Pringles, as well as innovative foods such as MorningStar Farms, RX bar, and Noodles. Our KValues and BetterDayscommitments are at the core of who we are, what we believe and what brings us together. We’re proud to say we’ve been awarded with Fortune’s “World’s Most Admired Companies”, DiversityInc’s “Top 50 Companies for Diversity”, Newsweek’s “Most Loved Workplaces”, and many more awards that you can check out here.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion has been part of our DNA since the beginning. Clearly stated in our Code of Ethics, “we have respect for individuals of all backgrounds, capability and opinions.” We believe that equity is more than leveling the playing field. It is making sure barriers, both tangible and intangible, are removed. Interested in the numbers? We hold ourselves accountable with our yearly Features report.
Kellogg is proud to offer industry competitive Total Health benefits (Physical, Financial, Emotional, and Social) that vary depending on region and type of role. Be sure to ask your recruiter for more information!
THE FINER PRINT
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to provide an inclusive work environment, a seat for everyone at the table, and embraces the diverse talent of its people. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information regarding our efforts to advance Equity, Diversity & Inclusion, please visit our website here.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this link.
Let’s create the future of food,
Kellogg is taking bold next steps on its portfolio transformation journey by separating its North American cereal business by the end of 2023, resulting in two independent public companies, each better positioned to unlock their full standalone potential. Learn more at UnleashingOurPotential.com.