Senior Manager, IT Data Architect
At Genmab, we’re committed to building extra[not]ordinary futures together, by developing antibody products and pioneering, knock-your-socks-off therapies that change the lives of patients and the future of cancer treatment and serious diseases. From our people who are caring, candid, and impact-driven to our business, which is innovative and rooted in science, we believe that being proudly unique, determined to be our best, and authentic is essential to fulfilling our purpose.
At Genmab, we’re committed to building extra[not]ordinary futures, together, by developing differentiated antibody products and pioneering, knock-your-socks-off therapies that change the lives of patients and the future of cancer treatment.
In this role, you will partner with business analytics, enterprise architecture, data governance, data science and infrastructure teams to design, build and maintain reusable architecture assets to facilitate reporting, predictive alerts and AI / ML solutions from conceptual / experimental stage to production deployment. Collaborating across disciplines, you will design and implement data products, data governance and automation frameworks and scalable data pipelines.
This person will be based out of Princeton, NJ and will be onsite 60% of the time
- Participate in deep architectural discussions in translating business requirements into technical specifications and ensure customer success when building new, or migrating existing applications to cloud native platforms e.g., AWS, Snowflake etc.
- Lead definition of Genmab’s research data lake ecosystem built on AWS techstack.
- Lead Genmab’s data cataloging effort including technical meta data ingestion process in Collibra.
- Help setup Business Metadata Structure in Collibra in close conjunction with Business Leadership & Enterprise Data Governance (EDG) program.
- Align with Enterprise Architecture, Security & Privacy on development, usage, governance and adoption of Enterprise Data Lake Ecosystem.
- Develop architecture schemas including entity relationship models displaying key data entities and produce an inventory of data assets required to realize the project/product architecture vision.
- Defining data architecture framework, standards and principles including modeling, metadata and security across E2E data lifecycle mgmt. (Ingestion, Storage, Preparation & consumption).
- Engage with cross functional business & data science stakeholders on agile prototyping to demonstrate the art of possible and find creative solutions for complex data use cases.
- Participate in sprint planning process and assist in managing backlog/prioritization in JIRA boards along with robust documentation in confluence.
- Engage with vendor resources on various development projects and provide solution oversight to ensure best practices are followed.
- Participate and provide inputs on D&A strategy related to capabilities & services, team planning & budgets.
- Ensure data products meets both Genmab quality and compliance guidelines as well as Industry regulations including GDPR.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of different data technologies & industry trends that may be of interest and beneficial to Genmab.
- 10+ years of experience working with data & analytics solutions and 8+ years as a data architect.
- 3+ years of experience in designing & building cloud native applications including modern data warehouse/lake house etc.
- Must have hands on experience working with AWS native services. Experience working with Collibra, Snowflake & Databricks a plus.
- Expert knowledge of data architectures to enable Data Lakes, Dare Warehouses and Data Mart implementations.
- Good understanding of dimensional data models with in-depth experience in data analysis & query optimization via engines such as Postgres, Elasticsearch, Redshift, Athena, and Aurora.
- Experience building API services and web-based applications.
- Familiarity with scripting languages like Python. Experience with R, SAS a plus.
- Nice to have familiarity with data preparation & virtualization tools like Alteryx, Trifacta, Denodo & Starburst.
- Experience working with GxP and non-GxP data is a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate with various levels of employees ranging from entry level to senior leadership.
- Good knowledge & understanding of Agile delivery management & DevOps.
- Experience in leading cross functional teams on various projects and processes.
- Experience in providing oversight & guidance to external managed services providers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire for continuous learning with a coaching mindset.
- A Bachelor’s/master’s degree in computer science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent.
For US based candidates, the proposed salary band for this position is as follows:
$114,375.00---$190,625.00The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience, and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation, such as bonuses.
- You are passionate about our purpose and genuinely care about our mission to transform the lives of patients through innovative cancer treatment
- You bring rigor and excellence to all that you do. You are a fierce believer in our rooted-in-science approach to problem-solving
- You are a generous collaborator who can work in teams with diverse backgrounds
- You are determined to do and be your best and take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team
- You are not afraid to grapple with the unknown and be innovative
- You have experience working in a fast-growing, dynamic company (or a strong desire to)
- You work hard and are not afraid to have a little fun while you do so
Genmab leverages the effectiveness of an agile working environment, when possible, for the betterment of employee work-life balance. Our offices are designed as open, community-based spaces that work to connect employees while being immersed in our state-of-the-art laboratories. Whether you’re in one of our collaboratively designed office spaces or working remotely, we thrive on connecting with each other to innovate.
Founded in 1999 in Copenhagen, Denmark, Genmab is an innovative biotech company that has become a leader in antibody biology and innovation. Our product pipeline and next-generation antibody technologies are the result of our strong company culture, a deep passion for innovation, and desire to transform cancer treatment and serious diseases.
When you work with us, you’ll be part of a warm, fun, dynamic community, and team up with some of the best, most authentic individuals in locations around the world, who care deeply and share in a relentless drive to innovate and create transformational medicines. People who are candid, impact-driven, and a little unconventional; who seek out and embrace the opportunity to build new and bold futures within a rapidly growing and innovative biotech company; who bring their full selves to work and show up for each other - rolling up their sleeves to get the job done. This translates into a place where you can be authentically you; are empowered to innovate, build solutions, and execute; feel cared for and supported in growth; and are a critical part of changing the lives of patients around the world through transformative cancer treatment.
Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
We are committed to fostering workplace diversity at all levels of the company and we believe it is essential for our continued success. No applicant shall be discriminated against or treated unfairly because of their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Learn more about our commitments on our website.
Please note that if you are applying for a position in the Netherlands, Genmab’s policy for all permanently budgeted hires in NL is initially to offer a fixed-term employment contract for a year, if the employee performs well and if the business conditions do not change, renewal for an indefinite term may be considered after the fixed-term employment contract.