Senior Manager, Internal Communications
We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Bumble Inc. is looking for a passionate and growth-oriented Internal Communications Manager to help support Bumble’s scaling business as the leading relationships and social networking app. Reporting to the Internal Communications Director, you have a pulse on what employees want to know and know how to clearly and concisely articulate business needs internally. You are able to innovate, evolve and grow the brand’s voice to its employees.
- You'll develop and implement strategies to communicate company news and information related to culture, mission and the company’s day-to-day work. You care deeply about creating a culture of belonging at Bumble.
- You'll be a thought-partner to multiple teams and leaders to plan, develop, implement, and evaluate strategic internal communications. You’ll use a global mindset to ensure that our internal communications are impactful for our employees around the world.
- You’ll help with our company-wide meetings and company-wide communications. You'll ensure communications materials and methods are consistent in terms of style and voice, form and content. You’re able to communicate clearly and concisely.
- You’ll act as support for our leadership team and help lead the way in the style, form, content, distribution and timing of internal announcements.
- You'll work closely with our People and Culture team to help manage the company’s internal communications channels, including intranet, Slack and email.
- You’ll meet regularly with our Center of Excellence to ensure we are regularly communicating our work around diversity, equity and inclusion.
- You'll work with appropriate parties to coordinate internal communications during company wide events and crises.
- You’ll analyze employee feedback to constantly improve company communications.
- You’ll manage and track a budget, ensuring that funds are distributed strategically to ensure goals are met.
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Previous experience in a communications role is required and an understanding of organizational communications is necessary
- Strong communicator who can form strong relationships internally
- Attention to detail and organizational skills with excellent communication presentation, management, and interpersonal skills
- A positive ‘can-do’ attitude and flexible approach
- Creative problem-solving skills and a solutions-focused mindset
- Strong time management and able to work to tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities, and balance short term needs with long term strategic initiatives
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and across time zones
- Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and pivot accordingly
- You embody the Bumble brand; passionate about the company’s vision and values
- You are proactive in your approach and take initiative, leveraging and learning from successes and challenges
- You are positive and committed with a 'can-do' attitude and a flexible approach
- You are a problem solver and a forward thinker
- You are a self-starter: you thrive on taking ownership of initiatives with limited oversight
- You have excellent time management and you know how to manage multiple priorities, breaking large projects into manageable pieces
- You have great communication skills, both verbal and written