Senior Manager, Internal Communications
Our Internal Communications team works as an invaluable business partner across brands, geographies and corporate functions to provide guidance, shape communications objectives, and develop and execute meaningful communications plans. Our Senior Manager of Internal Communications will be instrumental in enhancing and continuing to develop the internal communication strategy and plans to support business requirements and deliver desired outcomes.
To be successful, this individual must be able to operate at a strategic level partnering and collaborating with the VP of Internal Communications and business leaders to plan, develop, implement, and evaluate strategic internal communications. Equally, they must be able to get into the details, operate at a tactical level and be able to drive the execution of initiatives. Key requirements include, proven leadership ability and presence, comfort with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment, and self-discipline to autonomously produce exceptional results.
This position reports directly to the Vice President of Internal Communications and is based in Atlanta.
What Part Will You Play?
- Serve as the communications business partner for our lines of business, developing and executing communication campaigns and programs, which may require ongoing strategic planning, writing content and providing regular communication support
- Support the VP of Internal Communications with executive communications initiatives related to internal communications campaigns, corporate development, change management, and crisis. This includes assistance in the planning, coordination and execution of enterprise events such as Town Halls
- Write, edit and manage the production of a wide range of internal communications to team members globally, focused on business strategy and team member engagement on behalf of senior business leaders and using a range of platforms
- Ensure that communications align with and support the company’s key business objectives, strategic priorities, mission, values and brand and connect, inform and inspire action for team members at every level
- Find innovative ways to leverage existing communication channels and messages
- Stay current on leading trends to deliver practical and insightful communication recommendations and thought leadership
- Other duties as assigned
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communication, public relations or related field required
- 5-10 years of experience in corporate and internal communications with a focus on internal communications and employee engagement
- Experience working on multimedia stories, including partnering with videographers and editors to tell engaging stories on video
- Project management and event planning experience
- Experience with Google Workspace technology
- Experience with global B2B, technology or financial companies, preferred
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- A move-with-urgency mindset and ability to manage complex projects, multiple stakeholders and competing priorities. Adaptable to change.
- Rigorous attention to detail and strong analytical ability
- Strategic and creative thinker with the ability to drive programs from inception to completion.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Sound judgment and discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Proactive and creative approach to communicating strategy and engaging audiences
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.