Senior Manager, Cost Accounting
The Sr. Manager, Finance - State Cultivation Controller is the key business partner for the General Manager of the State Cultivation activities. Day to day they monitor plant operations results against operating plans, advise their business partner on financial matters, and direct the preparation of financial, production output, and other reports used to measure and control Cultivation Center activities and costs. They ensure the Cultivation Center’s financial control process and systems comply with company policies, applicable regulations, and provide required information. The Plant Leads the Cultivation Center financial and capital budgeting process. The Plant Controller recommends and implements programs to improve productivity, increase efficiencies, and reduce costs. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. From time to time the Controller will also support cost accounting, accounts receivable/payable, and payroll
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain the cost accounting system, documents, and records of the Cultivation Center;
- Assist in designing and maintain all standard cost of all Cultivation Center products;
- Analyzing manufacturing operations, equipment availability, and utilization;
- Ensure financial statements are prepared timely and accurately in accordance with current US GAAP;
- Ensure account analysis, reconciliation, and review is performed and documented thoroughly and timely;
- Prepare daily/weekly/monthly Cultivation Center performance reports;
- Review all Cultivation Center invoices and ensure proper coding;
- Approve all Cultivation Center A/P;
- Capital project preparation, project accounting, post project follow-up and review;
- Assist management and executives to achieve all business objectives;
- Assist with all Cultivation Center audits;
- Assist in month end closing, prepare journal entries as necessary, and analyze inventory valuation, and inventory roll forward;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required;
- Strong history in cost accounting in a manufacturing environment (food or pharmaceutical preferred);
- Minimum seven years’ experience in general ledger and accounting reconciliation activities, with proven ability and experience in month end closing;
- Proactive, hands-on, results oriented style;
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills with practical judgment and realistic understanding of the issues involved;
- Strong analytical and written/verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills;
- Strong attention to detail with consistent accuracy;
- Strong computer skills with Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills:
- Experience with Sage Intacct, SAP, or other ERP system is preferred;
- Some travel is required (up to 25%).
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
Physical and Mental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position, move and/or position oneself, communicate, operate and/or prepare, place, position objects, tools, or controls. The employee must occasionally move packages weighing up to 10 lb. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close observation and the ability to adjust focus. The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual, with or without reasonable accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Work is performed in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We place priority in an environment of inclusion, diversity and social justice and are committed to securing a better, brighter way forward for our employees, our markets and our communities.