Senior Manager, Corporate Communications
Wayfair is seeking an experienced writer to join its Corporate Communications team. This role is an exciting opportunity to map out an editorial vision and bring the Wayfair brand to life through storytelling that communicates and reinforces the company's values, mission and unique strengths across a variety of audiences.
A successful candidate will be an energetic and highly-motivated leader who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can balance concurrent projects under tight deadlines. Candidates should be inherently curious and self-driven with a passion for branding and corporate storytelling and an ability to drive consensus and action. The candidate should have exceptional writing and copy editing skills and experience setting and driving an editorial strategy.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with senior leadership to scope out and define an editorial strategy for Wayfair’s internal and external content channels.
- In alignment with Wayfair’s Brand team, develop editorial standards for contributed content and provide oversight to ensure all content aligns with editorial strategy, brand platform, and vision.
- Define processes for content development and manage a global editorial calendar
- Partner with key stakeholders and leaders across the business to source and write compelling stories that bring the Wayfair brand to life.
- Partner with Corporate Responsibility, Culture & Inclusion and a variety of other teams to bring to life Wayfair’s initiatives spanning charitable giving and community engagement as well as sustainability and diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Collaborate cross functionally to establish processes for content contributors and for content review and oversight.
- Develop the measurement infrastructure to track brand perception and impact.
- Uphold high editorial standards to ensure high quality content and alignment with brand pillars and corporate communications messaging and priorities.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or a related field
- 7-10 years of relevant experience (corporate communications, public relations, brand management, etc.)
- Demonstrated mastery of end-to-end content creation
- Executive presence and comfort working with C-level leaders
- Strong project management skills and ability to prioritize and execute efficiently when priorities shift
- Energized by working cross-functionally and building strong partnerships
- Self-starter focused on delivering results - never satisfied with the status quo
- Grasps new information, recognizes own strengths and weaknesses, pursues self-development, and seeks feedback