Senior Manager, Brand Communications
This role has a preference to be based in McLean, VA or New York, NY, but will also consider remote
Our Global Communications organization is responsible for protecting and elevating Hilton's reputation, driving brand and consumer communications, inspiring and engaging Team Members, and connecting owners and other partners with Hilton’s purpose and business goals.
What will I be doing?
You will lead the communications strategies, projects, and people passionate about making Hilton’s luxury brands the top choice within Hilton’s consumer target audience. You will develop and lead the way forward in successfully communicating about Hilton’s luxury brands in ways that effectively differentiate them within Hilton’s portfolio of brands, that distinguish them from the competition, and make consumers and owners select Hilton luxury brands as their brands of choice!
More specifically, you will:
- Develop and implement the PR strategies and media relationships aligned with the global brand and communications objectives to increase public awareness.
- Collaborate with Global Brand Heads and several other internal teams to drive business results by securing the most impactful earned, owned, shared, and paid media coverage that informs target audiences of Hilton’s goal to deliver the most reliable and friendly service.
- Lead the PR project teams to help grow our luxury brands and sustain winning positions. Adapt, as needed, to support Hilton’s overall luxury brand strategy.
- Lead the external agency of record relationship, collaborating with the agency to support luxury brand communications initiatives and strategy.
- Drive the development and implementation of fully integrated communications plans by collaborating across several internal teams.
- Lead the crafting and distribution of well-written, impactful content, inclusive of press releases and pitches; collaborate with the editorial content team and Marketing social media team to distribute storytelling.
- Work with subject matter experts to build media familiarization trips, Global Brand Head meetings, and other experiential PR tactics that drive Communications and Brand team-specific goals.
- Partner with internal colleagues on signing and opening announcements and activations of grand opening strategy, internal emails, etc.
- Support our Hilton Honors loyalty program with integrated partnership and communication strategies that attract and retain luxury customers.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- A passion for luxury hospitality, personalization, and proven experience attracting and retaining high net worth individuals
- An eye for news and the ability to craft engaging media pitches and stories to attract and target the appropriate media
- Thrive in a dynamic, high-energy environment, and able to lead cross-functional project teams
- A positive and patient demeanor with an understanding of and appreciation for cultural differences
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate with multiple teams globally and handle multiple partners across various groups
- An analytical mentality to solve problems effectively and creatively while maintaining a high level of flexibility, professionalism, and integrity
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Five (5) years of experience in Communications, Public Relations, or Journalism with measurable results generating coverage in targeted media
- Two (2) years of experience with luxury brand communications
- Proven experience developing and crafting PR strategy, pitching and handling media interviews and events with senior company executives
- Travel up to 25%, or as needed
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, or related field
- Experience implementing public relations, subject matter expertise, and brand reputation campaigns
- Experience collaborating with global teams
- Luxury travel industry/association experience
- Strong presentation skills and experience presenting to Senior Leadership
What is it like working for Hilton?
The future of hospitality is bright at Hilton: a leading global hospitality company with a diverse portfolio of world-class brands. Dedicated to filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, we have welcomed more than 3 billion guests in our more than 100-year history. Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture, and we are consistently named among one of the World’s Best Workplaces.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members, so they can Thrive, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as workplace flexibility, career growth and development, and our Go Hilton travel discount program. Hilton prioritizes understanding and integrating our Team Members’ unique perspectives and voices—along with those of our Guests, Owners, Suppliers, and Partners—to cultivate a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Check out the Hilton Careers blog and Instagram to learn more about what it’s like to be on Team Hilton!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of their role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Hilton offers its eligible team members a comprehensive benefits package including medical and prescription drug coverage, dental coverage, vision coverage, life insurance, short-and long-term disability insurance, a 401(k) savings plan, paid time off, and our travel discount. The salary for this role varies by applicable and specialized experience and location (Colorado applicants: Please click here for additional information.). Subject to plan terms and conditions, you will be eligible to participate in the Hilton Annual Incentive (Bonus) Plan, consistent with other team members at the same level and/or position within the Company.